Home – New Forums Money matters Regarding Hourly Rates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alwayshope
    Participant
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    ::

Hi guys…I am starting back at work in a few weeks but I am trying to secure possible ongoing telemarketing projects that pay me $800 over 4 days work-I calculated my expenses and savings goals for business etc and I need to charge $30 per hour at 25 hours telemarketing. I cant seem to find just one client that is even willing to do this -I have more than enough experience-I have different clients that want say 5 hours at $27 and another 15 hours at $30 and another $25 for 10 hours but I much prefer working for just one client and earning what I am worth. Any suggestions on how to secure this. I work from both my regus office plus home office.

Ray53
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

One of the first principles of capitalism is that the market dictates your worth not you.. On order to be able to sell your services you must accept that the market is competitive. You will only get work IF you can provide a better service at a cheaper price. I suggest that you advertise you ability and see what people are willing to pay and accept what ever figure is offered no matter how low it is. Your success will create competition for you service and employers will pay what ever they need to retain your service … Initially I would recommend that you agree to a commission.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Ray53, post: 208388 wrote:
    One of the first principles of capitalism is that the market dictates your worth not you.. On order to be able to sell your services you must accept that the market is competitive. You will only get work IF you can provide a better service at a cheaper price. .

Yes but NO.

I find this an interesting concept as if it were true we would all be in the race to the lowest price, as each of us would be constantly under cutting one another under we are charging nothing for our services.

If what you say is the case, than why am i charging well above some of my competitors, and still have a full schedule each week, and often knocking back work.

True in some markets people only look at price but, there are a bunch of other factors which come into it, in particular in a service industry. Sure if people see 2 exactly the same widgets for sale, they will most likely go for the cheapest, although that is not always true either as you have the comparison between major stores where people will still go to one over the other even though they know you pay more for exactly the same product.

Sorry not going down your path, I will continue to charge well in excess of my competition.

Ray53
    Up

If you read my post again slowly and carefully and think about it you may understand.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

I think right now you are at a stage where you can’t demand what your worth because you may be afraid of loosing clients. But if you start with the clients you have or you are getting at slightly lower rate, later when you have a choice and not worried to loose a client at that time you can demand your rate. Since you would already have filled your hours with existing client you wouldn’t worry if you don’t get a new client. If the new client accepts you rate then you can drop an old client from your books. You would never know your existing client may match the rate then!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Ray53, post: 208390 wrote:
    If you read my post again slowly and carefully and think about it you may understand.

I read it sssslllllllooooowwwwwwllllllyyyyy

Ray53
    Up

The last comment I got from you

Sounds like a great idea, and I will provide you with some virtual services. And the beauty about my virtual services, you wont hear or see me, but you will be pleased that i have provided a virtual service.
    Now that I have provided the virtual service where do i send the invoice

We have to respect your consistency

Alwayshope
    Participant
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

hi can u help me ray

Ray53
    Up
    Alwayshope, post: 208441 wrote:
    hi can u help me ray

What help do you want from me.

Coach_Foulds
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    Alwayshope, post: 208441, member: 41051 wrote:
    hi can u help me ray

I doubt replying in a forum of professionals with an sms response will help your chances. Perhaps a link to your Linkedin may help other see what experience you have will help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.