Home – New Forums Starting your journey Registering a company

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Baby Sunshine
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hello forum people!

Little newbie here (me) needs a little help in starting a company.

I have in my hands… Form 201.

They need the state/territory of registration. I live in Queensland and the everything will be done from home. Putting down Queensland in this column would work right?

Company name. I have searched through IP Australia’s database and there is no similiar registered trademark nor there is a company name similiar to mine.
    Shouldn’t have any issues here i hope.

Now further in this part is where I am having a little problem. Under type of company, I would select Propreitary Company. What about Class of Company??
    Could anybody give some advice on this?

Then, there is ‘registered office’. I will be conducting it mostly from my rented home. Can I use my residential addresss? The second part of it requires an answer to the question, “Does the company occupy the premises?”. Well I live here and will use my little bedroom as an office. So the answer to it is yes?

3. Appointing an officeholder
    I will be pretty much the only person to run it. So i guess i’m the Director right?

4. Ultimate Holding Company??

5. Ok I need a lot of help in this.

6. Members??

Thank you very very very much in advance for your advice and help.
    *Hugs*

MattR
    • Total posts: 196
    Up

They need the state/territory of registration. I live in Queensland and the everything will be done from home. Putting down Queensland in this column would work right?

Yes

Now further in this part is where I am having a little problem. Under type of company, I would select Propreitary Company. What about Class of Company??

Limited by Shares

Then, there is ‘registered office’. I will be conducting it mostly from my rented home. Can I use my residential addresss? The second part of it requires an answer to the question, “Does the company occupy the premises?”. Well I live here and will use my little bedroom as an office. So the answer to it is yes?

Rented home is OK and Yes to Occupancy.

I will be pretty much the only person to run it. So i guess i’m the Director right?

Yes…coy’s don’t need to have a Secretary any more.

N/A

Where to start…speak with an accountant and get some advice.

6. Members??

You and how many shares you’ll own.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Baby Sunshine,

Just a quick note to welcome you to Flying Solo, and wish you all the best with your new business.

Good luck!
    Jayne

StellarScott
    • Total posts: 239
    Up

Welcome baby sunshine

Have you considered the implications of setting up a company and whether thats the best structure for you.

For many small business owners the simplicity of sole trader structure is the best so unless there are major tax or liability reasons just resgistering a trading name and applying for an ABN whats required

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 87
    Up

Hi Baby Sunshine,

Following up from the previous commenter, I have written several articles that outline the steps required to set up business using various structures. If you’re interested in having a read, you can check it out here.

joe.s2019
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    Baby Sunshine, post: 50753, member: 14765 wrote:
    Hello forum people!

Little newbie here (me) needs a little help in starting a company.

I have in my hands… Form 201.

Company name. I have searched through IP Australia’s database and there is no similiar registered trademark nor there is a company name similiar to mine.
    Shouldn’t have any issues here i hope.

6. Members??

Thank you very very very much in advance for your advice and help.
    *Hugs*

Company registration in Australia can be done these days without paying expensive lawyers for advise, for information that you can find easily online or by asking service professionals. I trust you’ve set up your company now so all the best for your new venture.

The Bearded Lawyer
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi [USER=14765]@Baby Sunshine[/USER]

I’m going to add my vote to the “get some advice crowd”. Whilst registering a company following a how-to guide is relatively easy, there can be lasting consequences to the decisions you make. Feel free to read this case study that I wrote about some clients that I helped recently: http://bit.ly/startupDIY

All the best.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Baby Sunshine was last seen:
    Nov 19, 2010

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Don’t forget to register the business/company name you choose as a Trademark too. Made the mistake of not doing this originally for “Zava Design” and left myself open for someone to use a very similar name for the same kinds of services.

Thankfully they stopped doing business during the time I submitted my very late trademark application so avoided needing to engage a lawyer to address what could have become a little messy…

kassa
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

yes getting a trade mark would be better on long run.. and you can do it by your self

zoannon
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

The most affordable way to register a company in Australia is online. You may need or should seek advice regarding the structure of your company – but you can register online with all documentation supplied. Our site Start New Company provides all this and also ABN/GST/PAYG/TFN registration.

We have people monitoring chat all day from the website – please ask any registration questions there :-)

Glenn

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.