Home Forums Starting your journey Regulation/Permission related to Home base business – blending of Food Additives


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #1227316
    • Total posts: 3


    I am planning for startup in NSW, which involves blending “Food Additives” (which are approved by FSANZ). e.g. Citric Acid, Bicarbonate of Soda etc.
    So I will be sourcing few approved Food Additives in bulk from Australian suppliers, and blend them and resell them in smaller container.

    Issue is, I am unable to find any regulation or requirement to operate this at home (https://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/help/licensing). FSANZ do not have any guideline on manufacturing Food Additives OR selling blended Food Additives from home.

    I would appreciate any pointers…

    Thanks in advance.

    • Total posts: 1

    (Sorry guys, have to create another account to add comment, something wrong with original account)

    Just wondering, is it possible to hire commercial kitchen just for a day to prepare Food Additive mix? and still have home as place of business? may be this will fall under food standards.

    As its just food grade chemicals and have long shelf life, I might be preparing them only 4 time a year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.