Home – New Forums Starting your journey Regulatory requirements for flower essences

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I have developed a flower essence range and would like to start my own flower essence business. I’ve been looking in to the requirements regarding labelling and other regulations etc and I have no idea where to start! I have spoken to TGA, and am aware that I don’t need TGA approval for my products. My next step is to find out exactly what I am required to put on my product label and if there are any other regulatory guidelines I need to follow for this particular product? Can anyone assist me with this at all? Thanks so much :)

Anonymous
    Up

Hi again Marianne,

Even though we don’t need TGA approval, we had a regulatory consultant review the packaging for ours before we printed it as we wanted to be absolutely sure we weren’t doing anything wrong.

If you want to go down the same path, the consultants we worked with were Robert Forbes and Associates.

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Up

Thanks so much for your help Jayne. I appreciate it so much! I actually contacted Robert yesterday, since my post. I realise now that there’s quite a bit more work I need to do in developing my product before I get to the labelling etc. It’s been quite a process!
    Thanks again,
    Marianne

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Marianne,

As I am sure Jayne would agree, don’t forget to focus on figuring out who your ideal clients will be while you are developing the products.

Flower essences are wonderful and you can tailor them to your clients needs, so make sure you have a clear picture of them too.

Anonymous
    Up
    mezza, post: 193658 wrote:
    Thanks so much for your help Jayne. I appreciate it so much! I actually contacted Robert yesterday, since my post. I realise now that there’s quite a bit more work I need to do in developing my product before I get to the labelling etc. It’s been quite a process!
    Thanks again,
    Marianne

My pleasure Marianne, and yes, it is a very long product development process – we spend three-plus years working on our range before we were ready to launch, and both of us have many years experience working in the natural health industry.

Sending you lots of good energy to support you on your way :)
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 193742 wrote:
    My pleasure Marianne, and yes, it is a very long product development process – we spend three-plus years working on our range before we were ready to launch, and both of us have many years experience working in the natural health industry.

Sending you lots of good energy to support you on your way :)
    Jayne

Thanks Jayne, speaking of good energy, I have had a look at your ‘Destiny Calls’ essence and I think this *exactly* what I need right now to help support me on my journey! It’s just what I’ve been looking for! :)

Danni_Kaigo
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi Marianne,

It would be worth taking a look at the NICNAS website (http://www.nicnas.gov.au) as they regulate cosmetics and chemicals. I have found them very helpful with advice and they have great pdf’s on labelling standards.

You might also check your state’s dept of Health, as your product is designed to be ingested, for production and hygiene standards required along with any premises registrations you may need to manufacture.

With the TGA, if you are making therapeutic claims about your flower essences then it will need to be registered, eg helps with migraines. So be very careful with any claims you make about your products.

Hope this helps,

Danni

orendavisions
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    [Former] FS Concierge, post: 193611, member: 2205 wrote:
    Hi again Marianne,

Even though we don’t need TGA approval, we had a regulatory consultant review the packaging for ours before we printed it as we wanted to be absolutely sure we weren’t doing anything wrong.

If you want to go down the same path, the consultants we worked with were Robert Forbes and Associates.

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

Hi Jayne

Just wanted to quickly stop by as a newbie to the site to thank you for all your posts. I have enjoyed reading them and also caught one of your webinars the other day.

Just thought to mention that Robert does not appear to be supporting “the flower essence” industry for advisory services anymore. Received a pretty curt email response from his online enquiry form recently stating that in very back and white terms. Which is obviously dissapointing, but given the tone and manner of his reponse I can’t say I’d be dissapointed in not having to continue communicating with him . Anyway shall keep looking but just wanted to let you know in case you are reccomending them anywhere.

All the very best.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    orendavisions, post: 246948, member: 96440 wrote:
    Hi Jayne

Just wanted to quickly stop by as a newbie to the site to thank you for all your posts. I have enjoyed reading them and also caught one of your webinars the other day.

Just thought to mention that Robert does not appear to be supporting “the flower essence” industry for advisory services anymore. Received a pretty curt email response from his online enquiry form recently stating that in very back and white terms. Which is obviously dissapointing, but given the tone and manner of his reponse I can’t say I’d be dissapointed in not having to continue communicating with him . Anyway shall keep looking but just wanted to let you know in case you are reccomending them anywhere.

All the very best.
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today.

It is in the nature of our forums that new information is normally much more reliable than old information and this thread is from 2014.

Thank you for providing the feedback but keep in mind the above at the same time.

I am really glad you enjoyed the webinar – they are always really informative!

Cheers

orendavisions
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 246956, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today.

It is in the nature of our forums that new information is normally much more reliable than old information and this thread is from 2014.

Thank you for providing the feedback but keep in mind the above at the same time.

I am really glad you enjoyed the webinar – they are always really informative!

Cheers

Hi Paul

Thanks for your welcome. And yup get what you are saying. I shared because this thread comes up in google searchs and thus people are reading despite its age so the updated info felt potentially relevant for those people to know as it was for me (very little out there in this industry topic so every little bit is helpful. At least I have found so for me). And its also the reason I said in my reply to Jaynes post “in case you are reccomending them anywhere else”….as in…not on these forums but in convo etc.

Thanks again and all the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.