Home – New Forums Starting your journey Relaunching business – seeking advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    carold
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I’ve recently moved interstate and am in the process of relaunching my business (hence in this section) but have very limited financial resources to call on.
    The idea is a total revamp, new look and branding. It’s computer-based and I’m able to operate it but am reluctant to market without the branding. I reckon I’m about 2 clients away from affording a new logo, which would be a great start as I could incorporate that into a blog, organise some reasonably-priced business cards and start marketing.
    But how to attract those first few clients without a professional looking brand?
    I might be looking at this all wrong, which is why I’d appreciate some advice and ideas.

Cheers,
    Carol

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Need some more information about your business Carol, but if your funds are limited you may need to stick with what you have for the time being.

Simply Money Honey
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Carol

I love the quote “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” ~Teddy Roosevelt

I think this is good advice for where you are now. Start with what you have and grow from there. We all have to start somewhere. Do the best you can now without the branding and as you can afford it invest in your logo, branding and marketing materials.

Good luck.

Gabrielle

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi Carol,

If you have existing business cards from a different location, which it sounds like you might, and an existing email address, there should be no difficulty in using the old details when you approach potential customers in your new area, provided you let them know what is happening. Then you will get customers and can do the rebranding.

Good luck!

Kathy

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

I’d suggest you keep operating and providing a fantastic service – so fantastic that no one cares about your branding. Then when you have the money, you can get finish the look for your already awesome business.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Build it and they will come.

I can say this from experience. I started posting on flying solo without a web page or email address and got nowhere.

Once I created my web page and got a professional email address, I am now getting inquiries and have secured some customers.

It come done to how serious you are about your business!

If you are looking for a great web designer I can recommend Lucy…

Lucy Bloomfield

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

“It’s not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs.

A lot of people use logos and colours to gloss over a product or service that is average or forgettable. Focus for now on what will make your product or service stand out to a potential customer, rather than what will make your business card stand out.

Good luck!

Dave

Sporty Dave
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Caraol,

Good on you for having a go. I would encourage you to forget branding for the moment and instead focus on writing up a couple of well crafted articles on your product or service.

Think about where your clients are likely to gather on the web adn introduce yourself.

One way to do this is to set up Google alerts. (Google it!). For example, I used it in the beginning to find clients who were talking about problems I could solve and then jumped in to offer some free help.

So, if you were in the shoe repair business, you might use Google alerts for anyone talking about “my shoe broke”.

Once you get a few alerts, gently step in to the conversation – if appropriate and offer to give them some help or advice.

Hope you do well.

carold
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thank you all for your responses. You’ve given me a lot to think about. :)

Cheers,
    Carol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.