Home – New Forums Starting your journey Reliable and cheap courier

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kasia
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hello
    Does anyone have recommendation for reliable and good price courier that would deliver Australia wide. I have the worst experience with Couriers Please. And Au post is quite expensive.

Thank you
    Kasia

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Kasia

Will watch this thread, it comes up often in here.. Although to be honest, we tend to revert to AusPost most of the time.. Even though they are more expensive in most situations, its the old saying that you pay for what you get…

Hunting the cheapest can invariably delivery inconsistencies for one reason or the other and so forth… Just a matter of factoring in is price the most important aspect of the search?

Cant recall there names, sendle maybe, appeared on here a while ago spruiking there service and think FS adminions were mentioning them as well at one time? Could be wrong here though..

What volumes are you doing? may also help someone with a recommendation as well.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hey there Kasia,

I checked out your website and from the range of products I’d suggest splitting your products between courier and Aus Post depending on the size.

As an example, something under 500g (like your tshirts etc) can be send as cheap as $6.20 using Aus Post eParcel (you need to be doing 1000 orders/year for this) or $7.20 using Aus Post Click and Send.

But for your larger orders you’d probably want to look at a courier.

Have you looked at Temando? http://temando.com.au/en/partners

The hook in with all of the big Australian couriers and a lot of the smaller ones and you can let the customer choose which one they want after they get their quote (all handled within BigCommerce checkout)

Maclean

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Sendle seems to be a real game changer for certain types of deliveries, particularly when guaranteed next day delivery isn’t required. For some deliveries they seem to use Toll or Couriers Please. We have tried sendle for some parcels. Neat online system and they haven’t lost a parcel yet :)

Vultures
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

It’s interesting, Temando gets mentioned quite a bit on the forum, I had a look and the service sounds great BUT… they have terrible reviews.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/temando.html

I was interested enough to consider them as an alternative to Aus Post but I don’t think I will now.

roxanne40
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Does anyone have feed back on Baggage Freight?
    looking at installing this into my wordpress woo commerce website with a charge of $50 per month.
    It does not include Australia Post but lots of other courier services.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Vultures, post: 229776, member: 71697 wrote:
    It’s interesting, Temando gets mentioned quite a bit on the forum, I had a look and the service sounds great BUT… they have terrible reviews.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/temando.html

I was interested enough to consider them as an alternative to Aus Post but I don’t think I will now.

HI

We have used temando with no issues.. This was/is for furniture delivered (boxed) across Australia.. We mainly revert to the for QLD/WA/SA as we have other arrangements in other states that are viable as well (we are Melbourne based)..

Not advocating for them, although just wanted you to know we personally use them from time to time with no dramas – platform is ok as well..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Vultures
    Up

Thanks Jason, I think that’s the issue with them though, judging by the reviews anyway. They’re fine when nothing goes wrong, it’s when something happens that you get zero support. I think I’d rather argue with Aus Post, at least I know that they will answer the phone ;)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Vultures, post: 229873, member: 71697 wrote:
    Thanks Jason, I think that’s the issue with them though, judging by the reviews anyway. They’re fine when nothing goes wrong, it’s when something happens that you get zero support. I think I’d rather argue with Aus Post, at least I know that they will answer the phone ;)

Np, although isnt no issues a good thing? We have used them for 4 years, no issues.. When we have had tracking issues, they were extremely easy to contact and pointed in the right direction.. to be honest, we found there service to be more of a brokerage and once booked was able to deal with the freight providers directly but getting an awesome discounted rate ;)

Again, not advocating although i thought no probs would be a good thing.. LOL

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Vultures, post: 229873, member: 71697 wrote:
    . I think I’d rather argue with Aus Post, at least I know that they will answer the phone ;)

Yes they will answer the phone, let you waste you time explaining the problem, promise to investigate, promise to let you know. But they wont do a thing for you.

I have lost a few parcels (supposedly delivered to my door) with AP, and even though they should have had a signature, the driver claimed he just left them, and they went bush.

Sorry AP are like any other courier business when a parcel is lost, don’t bother.

Vultures
    Up

Haha Jason, of course no problems is a good thing! I’m glad you haven’t had any, I haven’t used them myself, I just got scared off by the bad reviews which said IF there is a problem they’re basically uncontactable.

Ahh Bert, yes – is there such a thing as a delivery company with a good reputation…? You are probably right. We did have a problem once with AP to do with them not redirecting our mail. Took more than a few phone calls to sort that one out and I don’t think they ever truly fixed it (we let the redirection expire).

Still, I will probably have to go with the devil I know – AP. My target market is not going to be home to sign for the parcel – I need the ability to deliver to PO Boxes and parcel lockers and to leave parcel without signature. And don’t couriers charge re-delivery fees? That would balloon my freight costs.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Because their delivery person just dumped the parcels on my doorstep, their solution was that I should get a PO box. Not that they would take action against their delivery person for breaking the rules.

The issue with them, and I suspect other couriers, is that they pay the actual parcel contractor peanuts, and they are to scared to discipline them, as they may jump ship. IMHO, plus with a bit of high quality inside knowledge

Vultures
    Up

Well that makes me even less likely than I was before to bother paying extra for signature on delivery. I’ll just have to send without and hope for the best, especially as I’m planning on full replacement if a parcel goes missing… I’m sure I’ll get told I’m crazy to do it.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

One more thing I could possibly add is that reviews are great, although the only review on a courier service you will read will be a bad one!!! None will post positives, I bet :)

My advise, go with what you personally are comfortable with and take most of the reviews with a grain of salt because if something goes wrong with any of them – it’s always the same outcome – bad review ;) or 77 of them.. Lol

Guess I just mean, if you look to hard for a problem one will present itself no matter who the provider is…. I have et to come across a courier service hat is 100% as expected (meaning meets your expectations) and delivers faultlessly every time.. Just the nature of the beast and you need to factor poor deliveries into your business plan.. ie how you will handle missing parcels, both customer and provider and will you just replace etc etc

Ouch, time for bed

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Some interesting discussion here. If you were to give Sendle a go, bear in mind we have currently have a special offer running with them whereby FS members can access a discount on the Premium membership, here:

https://www.sendle.com/partners/flyingsolo

To be transparent, this partnership also involves them giving our podcasts some support.

Robert :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.