Home – New Forums Tech talk Reliable MF Colour Laser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ABC
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Fellow Solo-ists
    I need some advice. I am looking for a new printer. Needs are
    * Multi Function – scan, copy & fax
    * Fast on B&W
    * Duplex print/copy
    * Colour
    * Wireless ready (I can’t work out how else to print from any of my two laptop/PC)

Nice to have
    *A3

Size does matter – my little office is not going to cope with a huge machine.

Thanks in advance
    ABC

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

If you can position your printer near your ADSL modem, it can plug into that and then you can print from any of your computers as long as they have the printer installed on them.

Most of my recommendations are for floor standing models – if you are limited on space, I assume you want something smaller. The Lexmark T642 does not have the copy/scan ability, but is a good little unit with fast printing. Otherwise, a Kyocera like this might suit…

http://www.printersupermarket.com.au/PrinterSupermarket/KyoceraFS-C2026A4MultifunctionLaserPrinter

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 117162 wrote:
    Otherwise, a Kyocera like this might suit…

I recall you encouraging someone not to go for a Kyocera recently…

ABC
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Was thinking of Brother, Samsung or HP?

Doesn’t have to sit on the desk – have accepted that to do duplex, I may need to put unit on the floor as they all look so big. Hoping to buy this in July once the new Small Business Incentive comes in.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 117171 wrote:
    I recall you encouraging someone not to go for a Kyocera recently…

Quite right BP, but in this instance, space is an issue, and I would still rate the Kyocera over a HP for running costs

ChangeofPlan
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi,

I use a Fuji Xerox Docuprint C1190FS. This is a colour laser multi function printer. The only thing it doesn’t do from your list of features is automatic duplexing (only manual). I have found this printer great and when my business grows I will definitely consider this brand. It is fast enough, the colours and text are high quality and very crisp, and the colour copying is great too.

As someone else suggested, I just plug it into the modem so I can print anywhere in the house.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.