Home – New Forums Other discussions Remaining positive pays off….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    • Total posts: 144
    Up
    ::

Firstly, let me just say that I feel terrible that I haven’t been here for a while. Things have been a bit busy and I’m having to fight (not literally) with my husband for the PC of an evening because he’s busy creating a new company logo and website for me. It’s looking FANTASTIC and I can’t wait to launch it…

Anyway, the reason for my new post is to say that even though things have been tough over the last few months – business being slow and me trying to stay positive, well I’m here to say that remaining positive and my perseverence have paid off. I’m now a member of my local Chamber of Commerce where I’ve picked up a bit of work and I’ve also picked up some work from my local community centre where I take my daughter’s to Playgroup. It’s certainly not going to consume 100% of my time, but it’s a great start.

Being in business is a tough gig, and I think those who stick with it, trying different tactics and not giving up, are the real entreprenuers.

Regards,

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

Hi Barb,

Nice story … staying positive is better then the alternative ;)

Good luck

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Congratulations. More work is good work. Especially if things are tight. Now go out there and talk to some more people, I am sure there are many more out there that need your assistance.

Barb
    Up
    FionaFell, post: 32327 wrote:
    Congratulations. More work is good work. Especially if things are tight. Now go out there and talk to some more people, I am sure there are many more out there that need your assistance.

Hi Fiona,

So true – I tell EVERYONE that I meet about what I do and ALWAYS carry some business cards with me too. I’m out and about heaps with my 2 kids, and I’m not affraid to speak to anyone who will listen.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

This is great news not just good news.
    Being and keeping possative is the key, everything else just falls into place.
    I agree Playgroups are great. Ive been taking my grand kids to one for several years and I was enjoying the relaxed freindly atmosphere.
    Someone asked me to do a small carpet job for her and before long everyone wants me to clean their carpets.
    The jobs I want I do the rest is passed on to other carpet cleaners and everone is happy. How they got to know what I did I have know idea, but I think “shewhomustbe’ had something to do with it.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Staying positive is great, and it sounds like you’re putting some real action behind it!

Can’t wait to see the new logo and website!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Congratulations Barb, I’m stoked for you! Go get ’em!

Jayne

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Congratulations, Barb! I love a good news story. I’ll bet you’re like a ray of sunshine when you’re ‘out and about’. Good idea carrying those business cards with you. I always make a point of engaging in conversation with a business owner or with other people in line with me. It’s never about thrusting a business card in their face, but creating an open dialogue and an opportunity where they will say “oh, do you have a card on you?” … and cheekily, I grin inwardly and say to myself: “why yes, yes I do!” :)

And sometimes you have to meet people a few times before they ‘get’ what you do or find they actually have a need for you.

All the best with your continuing upward trend :).

Barb
    Up

Thanks everyone for your nice comments…..the support here is truly wonderful :)

Regards,

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Lovely storey barb.

I actually joke when people ask what my main marketing method is, I say “positive thinking”.

There is some truth behind it though, it definitely works.

PS: Let us know when you launch the new website + logo! Can’t wait to see =)

– Jake

Mark@Unique
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Barb,

Nice to read about your success.

I have a couple of sayings that I stand by….

“Success is a matter of hanging on when others let go”

“Smooth Seas never made a good Mariner”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.