Home – New Forums Starting your journey Renting a shop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    asmgx
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I just want to know roughly, how much to rent a shop in areas like Craigieburn Shopping Centre, or Roxburogh Park Shopping Centre, or Greenvale Shopping Centre?

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

IIRC, shopping centres are priced based on many factors and you would have to contact centre management for that sort of information.

I’m not from those areas or have looked in those areas so I couldn’t really comment, perhaps some with a bit of a ball park could jump in a comment.

Joel

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

Have u rented from a shopping centre before? If not pay close attention to the lease agreements – what and when you are responsible to do things.

examples:
    Late trading and public holiday trading. (Manning hrs – who will man these?)
    How often do you have to refurbish the store and what will be the criteria?

So many times I hear of tenants jumping in and then complaining that the centres are forcing them to do things when in actual fact it is all there in the lease/contract. Be aware.

As for price it depends on where you are in the centre and what stores are around you. Suggest spend time at the centre measuring traffic and watching shopping bags closely. Different day and time intervals as well as weekends. Ask some of the shop managers about the centre and how they gauge the centre’s performance. You can never do enough research.
    All the best.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.