Home Forums New here? Share your story Replacement Guru

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    brian87x
    • Total posts: 10

While seated behind my four meter wide mahogany desk and seated in my oversized luxuriant judges chair, the office cleaner, making one hell of a noise with his antiquated vacuum machine, pulled the plug, looked at me for a lengthy moment and enquired as to why at my age was I office prone instead of lounging on the deck of a an ocean liner. Good question, I thought.

After some 40 fruitful years of hosting radio and TV show here and in Hollywood and as the publisher of a worthy Australian business marketing self-improvement, “how to” and lifestyle books, audio books and career training systems, I am taking the cleaner’s advise and scanning the luxury liner brochures.

Trouble is, as my final challenge, I need to find a suitable and worthy replacement candidate for my good self who will preserve our valuable intellectual property and move the publishing company out of wholesaling into direct response selling via a hot e-commerce website and other brilliant sales outlets I’ve devised.

That’s all that’s standing between rising from my overstuffed judges chair and lounging on the deck of a luxury liner. Gosh, I hope someone reads this and can help. A marketing guru, IT expert who loves bookswould be a clue. Anyone out there?

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210

Are you trying to find someone to take over your business or to run your business?

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=115719]@brian87x[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Good luck with your quest. It may help a little to explain in some more detail, what you are doing now and where you want the new person to take it – it is not so clear at the moment.

Cheers

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

are you one of the “ex” judges from the masterchef? lol.

if your the product you whrere selling than it will be hard to replace you. if your just the guy at the top then outsource and hire someone. have them progressively take on more duties until you feel confident in just moving to a “silent partner” role

brian87x
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 267110, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=115719]@brian87x[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Good luck with your quest. It may help a little to explain in some more detail, what you are doing now and where you want the new person to take it – it is not so clear at the moment.

Cheers

brian87x
    brian87x, post: 267135, member: 115719 wrote:
    Hi: There is much to tell and I would prefer to speak directly to a candidate and if there is a link then we can do not wish ti disclose meet up and progress from there. . This is a takeover and as such cannot be disclosed in an open forum. Thank you Paul.
    brian87x
    RunicConvenience, post: 267115, member: 112020 wrote:
    are you one of the “ex” judges from the masterchef? lol.

if your the product you whrere selling than it will be hard to replace you. if your just the guy at the top then outsource and hire someone. have them progressively take on more duties until you feel confident in just moving to a “silent partner” role

brian87x
    brian87x, post: 267137, member: 115719 wrote:
    Thank you for your reply., The business can stand on its own feet and doesn’t need me as an on going participant.
    brian87x
    BusinessTrade, post: 267090, member: 113709 wrote:
    Are you trying to find someone to take over your business or to run your business?
    RunicConvenience

I think you should go the route of posting ads in job listings. find your perfect employee than let them take over.

brian87x
    brian87x, post: 267139, member: 115719 wrote:
    I urgently require someone to take over the business. It doesn’t require at this point in time a team of people. I wish to see my copyright titles available into the future. Thanks for your reply.
    RunicConvenience

so what exactly do you need? I mean technically I know how to setup an e-commerce store. but does that make me viable? not really. because anyone can do this without any real investment.

brian87x
    BusinessTrade, post: 267090, member: 113709 wrote:
    Both.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.