Home – New Forums Tech talk Reporting and Dashboard Analytics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bittle
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I wanted to do a survey to see how many of the small business would benefit from a real time analytics and dashboard reporting.
    Is there any value in delivering right insight ?
    Is there any value in understanding the business and how we can better managed ?

Good to get your thoughts

Cheers

Bittle Team

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

I’m not sure I understand your question completely, but if you’re referring to “actual real time” data analysis, then I don’t feel it’s very useful at all.

To me, it doesn’t make much sense to see what happened 5 minutes ago.

Historical data is always a better guide.

Unless of course you’re testing something where you need answers immediately.

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

I have a dashboard that I built using PHP/MySQL/JS. It allows me to see a number of relevant things such as the last X sales. It allows me to search my sales database based on any number of criteria and search styles. It allows me to view support status and sales history of any customer. It allows me to view key daily criteria (such as my analogues of Google Analytics “goals”). And it allows me to send out pro-forma emails to my customers. Personally I think if you’re running a business with online sales you’d be crazy to not have a similar system.

Bittle
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Its great to hear that the need is definetly there to provide effective insight management capabilities into your business. I think it is a matter of realising what the solution if capable doing to the business and driving the value of your investment dollar further and assisting in delivering better results.

I am looking to offer the same solution with dynamic views, multiple source management, secure login management and complex query support including salesforce with our product Bittle (http://www.bittle-solutions.com/en)

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up

Interesting question, and one I’ve asked myself several times from a business offering perspective. The conclusion I came to was that offering just a reporting service on its own was not likely to do anyone any good, particularly SMEs. I’ve worked for many large and reputable companies for whom this type of monthly reporting has been vital, and to which a lot of time and effort is devoted. But for SMEs, I think it would only be useful if there was something in particular that required tracking.

So instead, what I am now working on is a four-step optimisation plan that will look something like this:

1. Free business “health check”: Clients will be able to download a desktop application into which they can enter monthly financial figures from their P&L and Balance Sheet. This way, they won’t have to worry about any risks inherent with placing sensitive and confidential data in the cloud. But more importantly, those figures will be run through several financial ratios and key indicators to produce a report designed to show the performance of the business in key functional areas. If there are any areas that are under-performing, then they would move on to step two.
    2. Free process mapping: Another free downloadable application will convert text-based descriptions of processes within the under-performing areas into flow charts, which can then be used to carry out a systematic analysis of the constituent tasks.
    3. Solution creation and implementation: When optimisable tasks within the processes have been identified, then recommendations will be made about the solutions I can provide to improve productivity and efficiency, while reducing cost and waste.
    4. Once the recommended solutions have been implemented, then the application used in step 1 can be re-used on an ongoing basis to provide a general overall view of performance, or I can design and build specific customised dashboards that will focus on the optimised tasks/processes/areas, or any other functional area or process the client wants to monitor.

So in conclusion, I personally have come to the conclusion that rather than just giving someone an application that makes pretty charts that they may or may not understand the significance of, it would be far more productive to work with them on an individual basis.

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.