Home – New Forums Marketing mastery request for ideas on how to market start up business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sawsaw
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi,

We got start up courier/removalist business which I’m looking for ideas on how to market please?

My husband was working for a courier company before. Just started working for ourselves 2 & a half months ago.

started with a van, now we hire truck & man & offsiders as well.
    I’ve just been advertising on gumtree & service seeking.
    I got plenty of work for my hubby. But I want to grow, want jobs enough for many people, trucks & vans.
    We do good service & price, so we get a lot of referrals as well.

We’ll maintain good service but I want to get higher price so that I can hire good men & trucks and still make money. Where do you suggest I would advertise to get that kind of customers & I’m on a budget??

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Saw

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Saw,

Just a quick note to apologise that your post got held up in our moderation queue for a while there.

I’m sure there’ll be some people around here who can help you with some ideas, but in the meantime, it may useful for them to know a little more about your business.

For example, where are you based, and is there a particular type of client or delivery that you’d like to focus on?

Good luck,
    Jayne

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Are you wanting help to market online or off? or both??

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    sawsaw, post: 172933 wrote:
    Hi,

We got start up courier/removalist business which I’m looking for ideas on how to market please?

My husband was working for a courier company before. Just started working for ourselves 2 & a half months ago.

I got plenty of work for my hubby. But I want to grow, want jobs enough for many people, trucks & vans.

We’ll maintain good service but I want to get higher price so that I can hire good men & trucks and still make money. Where do you suggest I would advertise to get that kind of customers & I’m on a budget??

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Saw
    The short answer is that you advertise where your potential customers ‘hang out’. First you need to decide who your ideal customer will be. A fast way of gaining market share is to set up a Joint Venture with a company that serves this idea customer, but already has a boatload of them.

The best example of JV is McDonalds and Disney.

First step is … who is your ideal client.

sawsaw
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 172941 wrote:
    Are you wanting help to market online or off? or both??

both please

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Saw,

As Jenny says

First step is … who is your ideal client.

Not only will this help you to find them, but you can start thinking about (and asking) what these people want from a service like yours. It doesn’t matter how much money these people have, you still need to tell them why they should pay higher prices for your service.

If you can really work your referrals that will also help because people will be less concerned about price when they have a raving referral from a friend.

Dave

sawsaw
    Up

Thanks Jayne for your advice.
    We’re based in Sydney south, suburb called Carlton. At the moment we do 20km from our base.

Our ideal delivery would be shop to home or gumtree/ebay purchase to home.
    Our ideal customers would be the one who don’t mind paying fair price for good job.

what do you think of us advertising on bizzbuzz, super market dockets or leaflet hand out at train stations?

Thanks for your help again.
    Regds,
    Saw

FS Concierge, post: 172938 wrote:
    Hi Saw,

Just a quick note to apologise that your post got held up in our moderation queue for a while there.

I’m sure there’ll be some people around here who can help you with some ideas, but in the meantime, it may useful for them to know a little more about your business.

For example, where are you based, and is there a particular type of client or delivery that you’d like to focus on?

Good luck,
    Jayne

sawsaw
    Up

Hi Dave,

Thanks heaps for your reply.

Our ideal customers would be the one who need our service & who don’t mind paying fair price for good job.

I include feedbacks from recent customers in my ads.
    when we do the job, my hubby does very good job. We get a lot of referrals or call back. But please advice me on how to maintain good service as we grow & start to have contractors.

I agree with you that people trust you more if they know you from their friends.

But where & how can I advertise my service so that I get people who want to pay good price for good service.

Thanks again….

Cheers,
    Saw

FS Forum Support, post: 173191 wrote:
    Hi Saw,

As Jenny says
    Not only will this help you to find them, but you can start thinking about (and asking) what these people want from a service like yours. It doesn’t matter how much money these people have, you still need to tell them why they should pay higher prices for your service.

If you can really work your referrals that will also help because people will be less concerned about price when they have a raving referral from a friend.

Dave

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

But where & how can I advertise my service so that I get people who want to pay good price for good service.

I think you need to dig deeper. Considering that you can’t read minds, who are these people who are willing to pay extra for quality? What do they do for a living? Where do they live? Where else do they buy things?

Maybe you deliver your pamphlets in wealthy suburbs, maybe you hang out in the car-park at Ikea, maybe you partner with a furniture store… I think the best way is to choose a specific group of people to serve – the group of people who would appreciate your service the most, and then it’ll be easier to come up with ideas for reaching them.

Dave

GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 173209 wrote:
    maybe you partner with a furniture store…

Dave

I think Dave is on the money. It’s smart to focus on partnering with someone who will give you regular and ongoing work. This will give you a solid foundation to build on.

Another thing I’d suggest is to invest in branding your vehicles (if you haven’t already). You’re driving around all day, every day, in what’s essentially a mobile billboard.

Stephen_Entrepreneur
    Up
    sawsaw, post: 172933 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Saw

Hi Saw,

Not sure if that would be applicable for you, but you mentioned that you have quite a lot of referrals.
    Maybe starting a Facebook page about your business could help? You could ask your satisfied customers to give you a “Like” or something like that.

In turn, if potential customers look for your business on Google, they will find your page and all the customers testimonials and happy “Like”. One person posted that your potential customers are unlikely to remember your company’s contact details and it’s true – but if they look for your name on FB or Google, then you may have a quick win.

Also, you can try paying advertising on Google (Adwords) but I don’t know if that would target exactly the types of customers you are after.
    Remember though that you can create a Hang Out now – where you can specify your location (Since you are a local business for the moment) and you can this way bring more qualified Google traffic to your page (qualified being in that case close to you and your service).

But I would at least setup a FB page and a Google+ page. It’s free, not too difficult to do and it will give you some search visibility…

Hope I am not off topic there.

Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.