Home – New Forums Starting your journey requesting information from brokers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Smith
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

What information is reasonable to request, from the broker or owner, when investigating the potential purchase of a business?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Michael Smith, post: 159360 wrote:
    What information is reasonable to request, from the broker or owner, when investigating the potential purchase of a business?

My thought would be anything pertaining to the viability or operational component of the business you are querying.. If they shield in any way or are uncertain of this, i would personally shy away…

Can you be more specific in what you are wanting to query, because i am unsure of the length of string you are holding (oops, just being cheeky)

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up
    Michael Smith, post: 159360 wrote:

Hi Michael,

I don’t think any question is unreasonable! It’s an investment after all, you don’t want to waste your money.

As per the guidelines, perhaps you could introduce yourself here.

Best of luck with your purchase enquiries.

Sam

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

I agree, there are no unreasonable questions when buying a business. Only believe figures that come from filed tax returns. Check if purchases match sales. Don’t buy potential, check if existing business is really going to stay. Consult your accountant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.