• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tennasee
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

I am trying to research whether specific types of companies would use a Document Control Service. I have made a survey from surveymonkeys, but as I am targeting SME they don’t seem to have a lot of websites/email addresses. Should I post the survey or ring them and ask if there is an appropriate email address? If I post the survey, should I include a Reply Paid envelope?

Thanks

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Sorry for not answering your specific question and at the risk of sounding dumb….what actually is a ‘document control service’?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I’m actually wondering the same thing…and since both Steve and myself are relatively intelligent business people ;) I would suggest that even if a business needed your service, they probably wouldn’t know it?

Wendy :)

Z4CHARI
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

A document control service? Is that like.. Organization of file types or something? : I have no idea what it is either.

Tennasee
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

the document control function is usually used in engineering firms, but can also be in manufacturing or building. Basically, documents that are written/drawn (not including correspondence) are given revision numbers so that it’s easy to keep abreast of changes. The Document Controller checks the documents for style, substance (sometimes), revision, title’s, etc prior to sending to recipients. Documents and receipts are tracked and followed up by the document controller.

I don’t think any other type of business would need a document control service… :)

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    Tennasee, post: 118854 wrote:
    the document control function is usually used in engineering firms, but can also be in manufacturing or building. Basically, documents that are written/drawn (not including correspondence) are given revision numbers so that it’s easy to keep abreast of changes. The Document Controller checks the documents for style, substance (sometimes), revision, title’s, etc prior to sending to recipients. Documents and receipts are tracked and followed up by the document controller.

I don’t think any other type of business would need a document control service… :)

Yes that was what I thought you meant by document control (I have 20 years in manufacturing esp. QA). But how are you packaging that as a service? In the manufacturing companies I have worked in, document control was a discipline that was beaten into everyone by the person responsible for QA.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

There are programs in Cpanel that allow this sort of function via a website. Is it similar?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.