Home – New Forums Selling online Restarting fashion business again

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    edw
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

Newbie here!
    I started my online business in 2011 through facebook when pages was not introduced (I call it the prime time of online business). It was doing really well until facebook page was introduced and facebook controls and limits the audience to read your posts. That’s when it all went downhill.

I am still able to source my product but I am also looking to find new products. At this stage, I still have 5000+ likes or audience on the business page, so I would not abandon the page.

I have few questions:

1. Should I restart a website on shoptify or weebly?
    2. Any recommendation on online marketplace or platform where I could have an online store?
    3. I am looking for new suppliers, anyone here is interested to collaborate?

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Eunice

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221
    Up

Hi Eunice,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Hopefully some others will be able to provide some answers to your questions, but in the meantime you may want to check out our latest podcast on starting a fashion business: https://soundcloud.com/flyingsoloau/48-starting-a-fashion-business

All the best with starting up your business again and I’ll look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Cheers,
    Lisa

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

I’d do a self-hosted WordPress/WooCommerce package, rather than using Weebly or Shopify.

I’d run a “restart” campaign using your existing Facebook patrons – encouraging them to sign up to the site/a new newsletter in return for a competition entry (you could run it through Rafflecopter), thus driving traffic to your site – and if you include a coupon or something in the newsletter, you could get some initial new sales. ^_^

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Hi Eunice,

All the best with restarting your business in 2015

1/2. As mentioned above I would go with a self hosted WordPress installation using Woocommerce. The problem with this is that it will likely be more expensive for you to to get it up and running if you’re not into the technical side of things.

The problem you have with Weebly / Shopify is that you don’t have maximum control and may out grow the platform in the future. The SEO of these platforms is also questionable and often doesn’t provide the most optimal configuration for best search engine results.

The same can be the case with a self hosted WordPress too and it’s something you should be wary of and have a plan in place on how you want to market your online store and get traffic and visitors through it on a regular basis.

Good luck with it

Byron

vickyrare
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 211647 wrote:
    Hi Eunice,

All the best with restarting your business in 2015

1/2. As mentioned above I would go with a self hosted WordPress installation using Woocommerce. The problem with this is that it will likely be more expensive for you to to get it up and running if you’re not into the technical side of things.

The problem you have with Weebly / Shopify is that you don’t have maximum control and may out grow the platform in the future. The SEO of these platforms is also questionable and often doesn’t provide the most optimal configuration for best search engine results.

The same can be the case with a self hosted WordPress too and it’s something you should be wary of and have a plan in place on how you want to market your online store and get traffic and visitors through it on a regular basis.

Good luck with it

Byron

Hi,

I might be to able to help. I can build online shop using Word Press with Woocommerce plug-in. What sort of budget you have in mind?

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.