Home – New Forums Find the help you need Restraint of Trade Clause

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Boldone
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a business that is a solo importer of a product and then on sells to other businesses via one on one contact and online. My question is, what would you expect the restraint of trade conditions to look like. For example: 50 kms and 12 months or more like all of Australia and 2 years? Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Second this one, its not the best place to ask for this type of advice as its a ‘free’ forum and legal advice is the best solution here.. However, in my experience, i have found restraint/restriction of trade clauses quite interesting – especially in the eyes of the court… It is hard to enforce a restriction of trade if the court sees you are taking away there livelihood, sounds like a slightly dif perspective as you are asking, but i think it can also be relayed to business a little…

Good luck

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Not sure how you would enforce a 50K rule if you are selling online. Wouldn’t be practical I think, but I have no idea

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.