Home – New Forums Tech talk Retail Store – which software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    1stop
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All

I am purchasing an existing bricks and mortar retail store with lots of product and product lines and less than 5 employees who use MYOB Retail Manager for Point of Sales but they outsource all invoices of stock purchased by mailing the paper to their bookkeeper who I think then uses Quickbooks and charges accordingly for their time.

I want to stay with Retail Manager for the POS to keep costs down in year 1, to minimise change and loss of time to implement something new for inventory and I don’t want to change something that works to add another layer of cost (e.g. Vend even thought it looks great).

However, I want to learn and do most if not all of the bookkeeping myself and I want a cloud solution not old school snail mail.

My ‘noob/rookie’ question relates to inventory using either Sassu or Xero.
    If I use either Sassu or Xero who both come with an inventory feature do I have to double handle this with the inventory in Retail Manager i.e. enter it twice. Or do both these accounting software programs talk with Retail Manager seamlessly.Prefer automation to eliminate double handling, errors and save time but at worst can it be updated with an easy to install daily csv file?

I guess being a rookie before doing a trial I don’t know how they all link together as I thougth MYOB retail manager would push AccountLivePlus etc hard which I am dead against using after reading reviews.
    Can any retail stores with Retail Manager pass on their experience with accounting software and inventory issues.
    Any accountants/bookkeepers pass on their opinion for what they have implemented for clients.
    Thanks to all in advance
    1stop

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I don’t this so, as it would not make sense for MYOB to synch with their up and coming competition.

Xero does work very well with other POS solutions though.

If I wrong please somebody correct me.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Hi,

Sounds like you need :-

RM Importer allows users of MYOB RetailManager® to quickly and simply transfer accounting journals, purchases and new suppliers into their Xero® company file. It is ideal for anyone wishing to move from MYOB AccountRight to Xero but who are happy to keep their existing POS system. It is also ideal for Xero users that would like to use a POS system such as RetailManager that is not dependent on reliable Internet connections.

http://www.zilchconsulting.com

The guy who runs the company is well respected in the accounting software industry.

Good Luck

David Gray
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Thanks Heather for those kind words.

I have lots of clients using RetailManager and a number of them wanted to switch their accounting to Xero so we developed this software. It works in a similar way to the way RetailManager imports into the MYOB AccountRight series. There is a short video showing this on our site:

http://zilchconsulting.com/our-solutions/rm-importer

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    David Gray, post: 157773 wrote:
    Thanks Heather for those kind words.

I have lots of clients using RetailManager and a number of them wanted to switch their accounting to Xero so we developed this software. It works in a similar way to the way RetailManager imports into the MYOB AccountRight series. There is a short video showing this on our site:

http://zilchconsulting.com/our-solutions/rm-importer

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining in the discussion – it’s great to have you here.

So that people know who they’re talking to, we’d love it if you’d set up your forum profile and forum signature to include details of your business. You can do that in the Control panel, which is accessed from the grey bar above the forum.

Nice to meet you :)
    Jayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.