Home – New Forums Starting your journey Retailing home made goods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    g-mun
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I’ve noticed a lot of people selling products through their facebook pages (by way of send me your requirements and ill make it up for you) all under a blanket common theme. I’d like to create an e-business that consolidates all these small business’ and is a platform for people to browse all the different products rather than having to search for them individually. I’m wondering how I coulld best monetize this considering most don’t have websites or online checkouts?

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi and thanks for joining the forums. Your idea sounds like an interesting one – a bit Etsy like – let”s see what the community make of it!

Robert

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I agree with Robert – check out Etsy and Handmade as they offer this type of platform.

If you are a web designer it will be easier for you but if you have to pay someone it may be an expensive exercise.

Looking forward to hearing more.

g-mun
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Yes similar to etsy however as has been mentioned may be costly to set up. The other plan is to targetthe ones that do have websites and I have a host site that advertises their products. My page links back to theirs which pays me $ per click for traffic directrd to their site. I know this a very common tool. What is the process for setting this up for the vendors on my site? Is it much work for them? I can sense an apprehensiveness towards this when they could kust sell on their own website.
    The other thing to do would be to encourage vendors that don’t ha e a proper website/ecommerce facility set up to get one set up then they can advertise on my site
    Interested to hear your thoughts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.