Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Review my updated personal website (and new avatar!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Not a business related review – I updated my personal website recently and wanted to get some simple feedback.

http://RaymondSmith.com

I also updated my avatar on these forums with a current photo (the last one was 5 years old) – my head seems a little rounder and I have less hair!

Any comments?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Good morning Ray,

I love the new avatar. I now feel like I’ll recognise you the day I run into you in person. (You never know, perhaps I will be visiting Orange one of these days… or perhaps we can tempt you down to Sydney for FS Live in September!)

On your website though, where it’s viewed in a larger size, it’s a bit pixelated, which I found distracting. If you have a larger version of the same shot I think it would work well.

The website itself is lovely. Very clean and easy on the eye. And how cute is that video of Cooper?

Great work all round!
    Jayne

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Site looks great. The last (black) one hurt my eyes.
    If anything this one could do with just a touch of colour, maybe a picture of one of those colourful lorikeets in the empty box under ‘syndicates’ will make it pop?

Your new avatar has taken off 5 years which is odd given you are 5 years older.
    Nice airbrush work.

Kidding. ;)

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up
    sixx, post: 31647 wrote:
    The last (black) one hurt my eyes.
    If anything this one could do with just a touch of colour, maybe a picture of one of those colourful lorikeets in the empty box under ‘syndicates’ will make it pop?

Your new avatar has taken off 5 years which is odd given you are 5 years older.
    Nice airbrush work.

Kidding. ;)

Hi Sixx,
    Do you mean the last black line at the bottom of the page?

Yes, some more pics and colour would help – I was hoping for the “sleak” look. I was going to add some screen shots of web pages I have done.
    I’ll also add some relevant photos as well – just to brighten it up a little and make it a bit more interesting.

As per Jayne’s comment – there is a very good reason why the avatar pic is so small ;)

@Jayne
    Thanks for your comments Jayne – I’d love to make it to FS Live 2010 – and if you are ever in Orange love to grab a cuppa.
    Robert had a flying trip out here last year and it was great to meet him!

Thanks for taking the time to look and make comments

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Yes that last black bar is very harsh on the eyes. Make it a lot smaller, say only 5px high or so and it will probably look a lot better.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    ray_223, post: 31652 wrote:
    Hi Sixx,
    Do you mean the last black line at the bottom of the page?

I meant your last site.
    Wasn’t it all black with white font? I remember it being hard to read.

Then again, I may have your last site mixed up with someone elses.

I think the new one looks sleak. I like it.

Regarding the colour, I thought something nice and subtle (http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/surfarosa666/ray.jpg) may just add a bit.
    My first impression was that it needed a “little” colour without overriding the sleak look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.