Home – New Forums Tell me straight… review of flyers – would they work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

1. Looking to get some feedback on some flyers I am designing to promote my business (both are in the same image on http://www.pix2print.com.au/images/flyers.jpg).

2. My business offers free software to people who can use it to create personalised photobooks and calendars from home. We then print them and mail to customers.

3. With the two flyers I want to target 2 different markets. The mums / families with newborns, babies or kids. Thes flyers would go to places like hospital kids / baby wards, kindergarden, schools, etc. The second one would be targeting people who just got married. Not sure yet where I could leave those, other than in churches (?), but a lot of people who get married create a photobook of their wedding and I would like to target those people.

4. No specific concerns with the designs, just wondering if they appeal. Would you pick them up (and take them home)? Does the text grab you enough? Is it obvious from the flyer that you can use your own photos for the photobooks (that’s why I am using the same photo twice…)?

Any other general feedback is much appreciated! I have just started this business 2 weeks ago and can do with some other opinions from other small business owners!

Thanks heaps!
    Jude

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Jude,

Happy to chat more if we get chance to catch up.

My problems are as follows:

I can see no call to action
    Your website is in very small text at the very bottom
    It doesn’t explain to me why it is any better than any other web to photo book service out there

As for target audience, they both seem logical. For the wedding, what about trying to target them before the big day. Perhaps you can provide a special price code for photographers, florists etc. to use so that they can give them out to their customers.

A leaflet such as this has two sides, I would highly recommend making use of both of them. If you have already thought of this and just not shown it, my apologies.

AgentMail
    Up

Hi Jude,

Happy to chat more if we get chance to catch up.

My problems are as follows:

I can see no call to action
    Your website is in very small text at the very bottom
    It doesn’t explain to me why it is any better than any other web to photo book service out there

As for target audience, they both seem logical. For the wedding, what about trying to target them before the big day. Perhaps you can provide a special price code for photographers, florists etc. to use so that they can give them out to their customers.

A leaflet such as this has two sides, I would highly recommend making use of both of them. If you have already thought of this and just not shown it, my apologies.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

How many will you be distributing? Enough to do some A/B testing?

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

How many will you be distributing? Enough to do some A/B testing?

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Jude,

I agree with AgentMail – make use of the reverse side of the flyer. You could have a couple of images that show the “steps” i.e. Picture of camera, to a picture of ‘easy use’ software to a picture of the complete book or something? Reiterates what your product/service does and how simple it is for your clients to capture those memories.

As to places to target with the wedding ones – perhaps wedding reception places? I know a lot of them keep details/cards etc for makeup and hair, photographers, florists etc – maybe some venues would keep a pile of your flyers as well?

All the best.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Jude,

I agree with AgentMail – make use of the reverse side of the flyer. You could have a couple of images that show the “steps” i.e. Picture of camera, to a picture of ‘easy use’ software to a picture of the complete book or something? Reiterates what your product/service does and how simple it is for your clients to capture those memories.

As to places to target with the wedding ones – perhaps wedding reception places? I know a lot of them keep details/cards etc for makeup and hair, photographers, florists etc – maybe some venues would keep a pile of your flyers as well?

All the best.

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks heaps all!!

Great ideas on where to distribute too. Will have to get the yellow pages out for addresses of those places!

AgentMail, great tips. I guess I was coming in it from the angle that there are still a lot of people who don’t know you can do this (many people I spoke to prior to setting up this business had no idea you could even do this). I’ll have to start thinking how to convince people to change to me if they are already doing it… tricky one, but well worth the effort I think! Thanks for putting my nose in the right direction.

Also will start on developing the back-side of the flyer. I was thinking of showing some more options what people could do (to have a generic backside on all my flyers which shows more ideas for photobooks), but really like your idea as well Jacqui. That could also become a generic back-side where people are shown how to do it. Love it!

King, I have the options to print relatively cheap so would be able to do A/B testing. But the hard part is to find a way to ‘test’ which one does best. I have tried to think about that. Creating a specific landing page for baby and wedding like http://www.pix2print.com.au/weddingphotobooks.htm would work, but that means I would be extending the web address on the card. Is that a good idea? I have always thought it is best to keep it short and simple so people don’t have to type in long addresses. I don’t know how else I could test this… Making use of my QR code is not really an options as people won’t be able to download the software onto their mobile devices…

Anyways, you have all given me great feedback which has provided me great things to start thinking about – thanks a lot for that!! Back to work on them now :-)

Thanks,
    Jude

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks heaps all!!

Great ideas on where to distribute too. Will have to get the yellow pages out for addresses of those places!

AgentMail, great tips. I guess I was coming in it from the angle that there are still a lot of people who don’t know you can do this (many people I spoke to prior to setting up this business had no idea you could even do this). I’ll have to start thinking how to convince people to change to me if they are already doing it… tricky one, but well worth the effort I think! Thanks for putting my nose in the right direction.

Also will start on developing the back-side of the flyer. I was thinking of showing some more options what people could do (to have a generic backside on all my flyers which shows more ideas for photobooks), but really like your idea as well Jacqui. That could also become a generic back-side where people are shown how to do it. Love it!

King, I have the options to print relatively cheap so would be able to do A/B testing. But the hard part is to find a way to ‘test’ which one does best. I have tried to think about that. Creating a specific landing page for baby and wedding like http://www.pix2print.com.au/weddingphotobooks.htm would work, but that means I would be extending the web address on the card. Is that a good idea? I have always thought it is best to keep it short and simple so people don’t have to type in long addresses. I don’t know how else I could test this… Making use of my QR code is not really an options as people won’t be able to download the software onto their mobile devices…

Anyways, you have all given me great feedback which has provided me great things to start thinking about – thanks a lot for that!! Back to work on them now :-)

Thanks,
    Jude

AgentMail
    Up

Couple of options, I am sure there are more:

1. – Get a second URL altogether – point it to your normal site. For example weddingphotobooks.com.au seems to be available, then you can track hits that way.

2. – Coupon code – put a code on there that gives them a $30 discount or something, then they have to enter the code if they want the discount.

AgentMail
    Up

Couple of options, I am sure there are more:

1. – Get a second URL altogether – point it to your normal site. For example weddingphotobooks.com.au seems to be available, then you can track hits that way.

2. – Coupon code – put a code on there that gives them a $30 discount or something, then they have to enter the code if they want the discount.

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Jude,
    One other thing I might suggest is that you focus more on the core product / service. The need that would bring a perspective buyer to you is to print and present their photos in a nice way – having their own control over this is secondary, although a selling point. I.e. “free software” is not as important as “a simply beautiful book of memories” or “great present for someone you love” etc etc

So, I would suggest that you get really great photos of the printed product on the flyer, you can still keep them editorial like your wedding shot there, but involve the book more. (how nice is the finish, the binding). Get them in some “model” hands, or on a lavish coffee table,… make them look really impressive.
    The printing is your hero here, the price and speed of delivery also.

Good luck, it’s a booming market, however competitive.

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Jude,
    One other thing I might suggest is that you focus more on the core product / service. The need that would bring a perspective buyer to you is to print and present their photos in a nice way – having their own control over this is secondary, although a selling point. I.e. “free software” is not as important as “a simply beautiful book of memories” or “great present for someone you love” etc etc

So, I would suggest that you get really great photos of the printed product on the flyer, you can still keep them editorial like your wedding shot there, but involve the book more. (how nice is the finish, the binding). Get them in some “model” hands, or on a lavish coffee table,… make them look really impressive.
    The printing is your hero here, the price and speed of delivery also.

Good luck, it’s a booming market, however competitive.

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks Chris, I will definitely try to get that across! I will try to add more focus on the beautiful-ness of the books. They really are stunning and I think people will really love them! Back to the designer-board for me today!
    Thanks,
    Jude

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks Chris, I will definitely try to get that across! I will try to add more focus on the beautiful-ness of the books. They really are stunning and I think people will really love them! Back to the designer-board for me today!
    Thanks,
    Jude

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.