Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Review of my new website please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    ::

Our new website went live this afternoon and I’ve got to admit, I love it !!

BUT…I’m especially keen to hear from anyone who remembers my old site and give the following reviews.
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    The whole site is new. Our aim was to make this site all about the customer and their needs, showing compassion and understanding for their problems, and offering a solution. Is this the feel you get from the site?
    2. What does your business do?
    Undies release clip for those with limited reach or flexibility, allowing underwear to be put on and off without the need to bend.
    3. Who is your target market?
    Four groups – pregnant, injured, disabled and (later, not yet) elderly
    4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Easy to navigate? Is information clear? Do you understand how we can help?

Look forward to the responses.

Wendy :)

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Site looks pretty good to me. Watched the video; understood the product with needing to click to another page. Well done, and great invention.

I did find it funny though that the video uses the word “undies” rather than underwear – generally I would recommend not using local slang in media releases.

Earthmover
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

Hi Wendy,

I think your site looks really good. The use of pictures and symbols makes it look simple and clean.

for me the scrolling pictures that take up the % of the page didnt work so well. As they scroll i cant read all of the text even when it remains stationary.
    I attached a pic of what it looks like on my browser.

There are a lot of ‘R’s also, eg: How to buyR, for inhuryR, for pregnacyR, privacy statementR. Was this intentional?

i’m no web expert but i hope that helps.

SmartBizBlog
    Up
    GWMaintenance, post: 126944 wrote:
    Hi Wendy,

I think your site looks really good. The use of pictures and symbols makes it look simple and clean.

for me the scrolling pictures that take up the % of the page didnt work so well. As they scroll i cant read all of the text even when it remains stationary.
    I attached a pic of what it looks like on my browser.

There are a lot of ‘R’s also, eg: How to buyR, for inhuryR, for pregnacyR, privacy statementR. Was this intentional?

i’m no web expert but i hope that helps.

No Attached image. Also, not sure what you mean by the R’s – can’t see them on my browser. You wouldn’t happen to be using IE would you?

Earthmover
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 126945 wrote:
    No Attached image. Also, not sure what you mean by the R’s – can’t see them on my browser. You wouldn’t happen to be using IE would you?

i cant seem to put an attachement on the post. I uploaded the picture here: http://wardsmaintenance.com.au/pics/coupleit.gif

I was browsing using firefox.

SmartBizBlog
    Up

That looks horrible in your browser GW – yuk.

I just fired up FF (I normally use Chrome) and the slider is indeed chopped at the edges; can’t read any of the text.

I don’t get the “R” issue though; they show arrows.

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Looks great on my browser (chrome) but yes, awful in FF – no Rs but the scroller cut off.

A a good lesson in checking what it looks like across all browsers – and on smart phones.

Apart from that – yes, very easy to navigate and work out exaclty what the product is and how to use it.

Well done!

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 126949 wrote:
    I don’t get the “R” issue though; they show arrows.

Yes, the “R”s have been fixed and the view will hopefully be fixed by morning.

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    James Bull, post: 126957 wrote:
    The customer login fields on https://coupleit.com.au/how-to-buy/ are out of alignment and I’m wondering if the “Lost password” link is too. Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks James – have added it to “things to do”.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Wendy,

The site is looking great. When you have the ff issue sorted it will be complete.

Steve

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I checked your website in Chrome and was going to post all good, you just need a favicon. But then the other posts prompted me to check it in FF and there was indeed some bugs. So I checked it in IE8 and the layout had been completely destroyed. I checked it in IE7 and even worse!!! I encourage you to check it in both IE8 and IE7 yourself. Consider this, your target market are older people or at least includes older people, it’s this market that seldom updates their browser, likely most will be using IE7 and IE8. You definitely need to get it fixed!

– Phil.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Wendy, congratulations! That is such a vast improvement on your old site.

Good on you – you must be very excited. And rightly so :D

From a marketing perspective I would suggest that in time you consider:

1. More powerful copy for the home page and Buy page
    2. Using the current video on the How it works page, and creating a new video for the home page that shows people who are pregnant, disabled, injured and/or carers etc using the device so that they can readily see how easy it is. Maybe before and after sequences would work well there so that you can clearly demonstrate the reduction in hassle, discomfort and time that your product creates.
    3. Adding a page or section somewhere that’s addressed to healthcare professionals/care organisations etc (as we talked about when you were preparing for your meeting at the hospital).

I hope that helps :)

All in all it’s looking fantastic. What a great platform you’ve created to build your business from.

Best of luck to you,
    Jayne

MyGreatIdea
    Up

More powerful copy for the home page and Buy page

Agree – will get to it

Using the current video on the How it works page, and creating a new video for the home page that shows people who are pregnant, disabled, injured and/or carers etc using the device so that they can readily see how easy it is. Maybe before and after sequences would work well there so that you can clearly demonstrate the reduction in hassle, discomfort and time that your product creates.

Great, because I’ve already started planning this

Adding a page or section somewhere that’s addressed to healthcare professionals/care organisations etc (as we talked about when you were preparing for your meeting at the hospital).

Hadn’t thought of this – really like this idea :)

Thanks Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Always happy to help Wendy :)

Jayne

daydreamer
    • Total posts: 100
    Up

Hi Wendy,

I use IE8 get a message that the website won’t display properly and I need to upgrade, which I should, but I imagine alot of non-techy people will just ignore and not bother with your site.

Also as said before, using the word “undies” sounds very ocker/boganish and from a branding perspective puts me off your product. I would use the word “underwear” as suggested before, which is much more professional for such a personal product.

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.