Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Review of my website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robico Web Solutions
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m currently in the middle of a revamp of my website and would like to get some feedback so I get my website looking great and more importantly working effectively as one of the major marketing tools of my business.

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…) My website – http://www.robicowebsolutions.com/
    2. What does your business do? Web design, graphic design, seo
    3. Who is your target market? Small businesses wanting to get online or revamp their current branding
    4. What specific concerns do you have? I want to attract new clients and want to get feedback to increase leads through the website

Before you say anything, I know of some current problems with the website (some of the pages are incomplete, some forms are too big) but looking forward to all the feedback and incorporating it in.

Thanks,
    Jess

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I would remove the text under the Home, Services, Work, etc. tabs. Cheers :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Early days yet. Finish it off first I’d say.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Ive been trying for 5 min to load the page.

Steve

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Loaded fine for me :)

I agree about removing the text under the page headings.

And in the text where your services are linked, I think it would be easier to read if they were in bullet point instead.

Wendy :)

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Okay, you’re supposedly a web design company so I can be a little critical on some web/design basics.

Things to review:
    – consistent spacing
    – margins/padding too narrow
    – colour scheme
    – line height
    – font choices
    – font colours
    – what grid system are you using, it doesn’t seem consistent across all elements?
    – broken links in your portfolio
    – elements falling outside their border area

Marketing stuff:
    – Your first/main message is “save money”. Shouldn’t it first be about how you can help my business, and then about whether you can do it effectively at a lower price? At the moment the first message just says “cheap” to me, rather than “good service”.

They’re some basics that I would hope someone offering web design services would get right. I’d recommend you have a look at yours and repost the site once it’s

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

The first thing I asked myself. Why would I have Robico build my website? I couldn’t come up with a valid reason unfortunately. The services are not unique by any stretch of the imagination and the quality of the websites in the portfolio are low by current standards.

I know you’re going for the affordability option – but in the flooded web design market, I can get a very cheap and good looking site for pennies.

In my professional opinion (having been a web designer many moons ago, and now a solutions architect) – you need to perfect the craft. Learn about Twitter Bootstrap, head over to themeforest.net and look at the templates; get a feel for modern web design.

clintmaher
    • Total posts: 306
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 128075 wrote:
    head over to themeforest.net and look at the templates

Themeforest have brilliant themes, but be aware their code is really dodgy. Better off taking the design from TF and cutting it into a Genesis child theme. Solid, stable, and highly supported.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jess,

I like it.

Steve

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 128075 wrote:
    head over to themeforest.net and look at the templates; get a feel for modern web design.
    Themeforest is the last place I’d advise to look for inspiration, unless you’re looking to design a themeforest template.

The are plenty of design galleries online showcasing real sites, not cookie cutter templates. Far better to get inspiration there.

Actually, the best way for true inspiration is to turn off your computer, and go look at some real art, architecture and the like. That way you won’t be copying anybody.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.