Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Review of Social Coupon Tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    ::

Hi guys!

I was SURE I’d posted in this forum before but I can’t find it. Maybe I didn’t submit? Ooops.

Anywhoo…

We’re building a Social Commerce Platform. To get an idea of the big picture long term vision, take a look at this short video – http://bit.ly/zJatQk

We’ve just launched our Social Coupon Tool in beta & already received some feedback from some here at FlyingSolo that the Landing page & Registration Page for the merchant sign up for this FREE tool is a bit confusing.

It seems we haven’t managed to explain exactly what the SocialShout! Coupon Tool is and how it works.

So, if we were to say…

SocialShout! enables you to reward your customers for generating word of mouth for your business across their social networks.

Does that give you enough of an idea, as a merchant, to decide if it’s something you want to learn more about?

I guess I’m looking for that first sentence or two that explains it enough to say, ‘yep. get it. sounds good. let’s give it a try’ OR ‘yep. get it. don’t like it. not for me’.

Either response is ok. As long as we don’t get ‘Huh??’

I’ve attached an image here of the latest Landing page design. There are a few more steps to add. We want to show step by step in enough detail so even the most novice eComm site will get it. LANDING%20B.jpg

Next question is, ‘What about the Registration Page?’ Is that easy enough to understand? Here’s the link – http://beta.socialshout.com/merchants/register

Finally, what about the Social Coupon Tool itself?

The idea is once you register as a merchant, we send you a couple of lines of code to insert into your site. This will generate a button that launches the coupon widget.

You can test it out by going to our TEST store – http://socialshoutsandbox.mybigcommerce.com/ , add a product to cart, then view cart & you’ll see the button over on the right, under the Coupon Code field. Click it, sign in and you’ll be able to step through the process as a shopper would. Once you’ve Shouted, Copy to Clipboard & then paste in the coupon field and you’ll see the discount applied. Then go to your FB wall,Twitter stream & see what gets posted.

As a shopper, does that process make sense.

OK, that’s a lot to digest for now.

We really would love ANY feedback – but especially the kind that says ‘That doesn’t work because..’ or ‘I HATE it because…’, you get the idea.

Thanks for your time and look forward to your comments.

Cheers!

Trent!

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

I think your description is spot-on, perfect.
    Registration page makes sense.

Test-site. Too many steps. I’m on willing to do the shout, connect to the relevant social-media site & tweet/post.
    I then expect the discount code to calculate & apply automatically. I’m lazy, but that’s my honest reaction.

For the record, I’d never use this. I don’t ‘like’ sites on FB, or tweet about such stuff. So not exactly your target market ;)

OneArmedGraphics
    Up

Test-site. Too many steps. I’m on willing to do the shout, connect to the relevant social-media site & tweet/post.
    I then expect the discount code to calculate & apply automatically. I’m lazy, but that’s my honest reaction.

For the record, I’d never use this. I don’t ‘like’ sites on FB, or tweet about such stuff. So not exactly your target market ;)

Social Shout!
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 111455 wrote:

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback – especially if you don’t even believe in the concept! Really appreciate the effort.

Totally get your point about the discount going straight in. We are in the process of building an integration to BigCommerce. With that, merchants with a BigComm site will have the functionality you’re talking about. The plan is to do the same with other cart programs.

It just gets a bit tricky when you’re creating a general tool that can be used as broadly as possible – which is basically what this FREE version is designed to be.

If I can get a bit personal, I’m guessing you do have a Facebook account?

If so, if you bought a new TV or a new iPad or something would you post a message about that on Facebook? I mean is that the sort of news you would share with your Facebook friends?

I’m not saying ‘Like’ the iPad site or fan page or anything. Just would you maybe snap a photo of your new iPad, upload it on Facebook & tell your friends?

Or are you more likely to share holiday snaps, that sort of thing?

Or, do you not share much at all?

Just curious about the motivations of our ‘anti-market’.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Cheers!

Trent!

Social Shout!
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 111455 wrote:

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback – especially if you don’t even believe in the concept! Really appreciate the effort.

Totally get your point about the discount going straight in. We are in the process of building an integration to BigCommerce. With that, merchants with a BigComm site will have the functionality you’re talking about. The plan is to do the same with other cart programs.

It just gets a bit tricky when you’re creating a general tool that can be used as broadly as possible – which is basically what this FREE version is designed to be.

If I can get a bit personal, I’m guessing you do have a Facebook account?

If so, if you bought a new TV or a new iPad or something would you post a message about that on Facebook? I mean is that the sort of news you would share with your Facebook friends?

I’m not saying ‘Like’ the iPad site or fan page or anything. Just would you maybe snap a photo of your new iPad, upload it on Facebook & tell your friends?

Or are you more likely to share holiday snaps, that sort of thing?

Or, do you not share much at all?

Just curious about the motivations of our ‘anti-market’.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Cheers!

Trent!

OneArmedGraphics
    Up

Sure, no trouble.

I’m a holiday snaps only type of FB person. (I’m 39)
    On FB since 2009 but never used the like button other than on friends Posts.

I have two FB pages for business related stuff but to my detriment I also don’t do the like-stuff on them.

OneArmedGraphics
    Up

Sure, no trouble.

I have two FB pages for business related stuff but to my detriment I also don’t do the like-stuff on them.

Social Shout!
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 111460 wrote:
    Sure, no trouble.

Thanks again Robbie.

Now, maybe a cheeky one…

I just noticed that in your Zazzle store, you have the Facebook & Twitter buttons.

Is that because it’s just a standard default when you set up your store or do you as a merchant (maybe reluctantly) accept that it makes sense to give your customers the option, even if you as a shopper wouldn’t do it yourself?

Cheers!

Trent!

Social Shout!
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 111460 wrote:
    Sure, no trouble.

Thanks again Robbie.

Now, maybe a cheeky one…

I just noticed that in your Zazzle store, you have the Facebook & Twitter buttons.

Is that because it’s just a standard default when you set up your store or do you as a merchant (maybe reluctantly) accept that it makes sense to give your customers the option, even if you as a shopper wouldn’t do it yourself?

Cheers!

Trent!

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Social Shout!
    Up
    Bob Jones, post: 111464 wrote:
    Here’s your previous thread you couldn’t find. :rolleyes:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/18766-building-social-commerce-platform.html

Thanks Bob!

No, I mean in the Community Review forum specifically. Someone suggested I should post there and ask for feedback on the site.

Thanks though!

Cheers!

Trent!

Social Shout!
    Up
    Bob Jones, post: 111464 wrote:
    Here’s your previous thread you couldn’t find. :rolleyes:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/18766-building-social-commerce-platform.html

Thanks Bob!

No, I mean in the Community Review forum specifically. Someone suggested I should post there and ask for feedback on the site.

Thanks though!

Cheers!

Trent!

OneArmedGraphics
    Up
    Social Shout!, post: 111463 wrote:
    Thanks again Robbie.

Now, maybe a cheeky one…

Cheers!

Trent!

You mean once fully on the Zazzle platform?

OneArmedGraphics
    Up
    Social Shout!, post: 111463 wrote:
    Thanks again Robbie.

Now, maybe a cheeky one…

Cheers!

Trent!

You mean once fully on the Zazzle platform?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.