Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Review of Tool for Small Business’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi .. as part of my service I have created a free tool to help small business’s worldwide browse and research services where they can list their business to help them build exposure and improve Local SEO.

The service is available at:
    https://www.mypresences.com/services/

I have created a database of over 600 services worldwide and have quite a bit of data on each and I thought this would be quite a valuable resource but I am finding the people tend to take a quick look and don’t really delve into each of the services to find out more or use the sorting and filtering (I can track this via analytics). I was expecting more engagement.

I am looking for some feedback on general usability or any problems encountered (not loading results etc) and whether you understand what the tool is for and what you should do when you encounter it.

Do you understand that you can click on each tile for more details .. are the filters and sorting options intuitive enough? Is it overwhelming? Is it something the average small business owner would understand or see value in? Is there something I could add to increase the value?

Appreciate any feedback.

Paul.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I”m confused, I put in services based, and it throws up a few different sites I can list on.

I look at the filters and ok what do they mean. ie. Claims ??? SEo ?? Plans???. I cant work out any logic between your filter name, and the options that come up. what do your filters mean?

What are you offering me as a user ?

from what you have explained in your post, I get what the aim of the site is, but the site does not indicate this to a potential user who just lands on your page

mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi bert .. thanks .. that feedback is what I was after.

There is a help button in the top corner that explains each of the sortfilter buttons through a tour. Maybe I should make this more prominent or point it out?

In terms of what I am offering. The aim is to provide an actionable list (hence the add me button) of places where you can promote your business online (mostly for free). Hopefully you will find services you were not aware of that can hep you get business online or improve your local seo.

From your feedback I am wondering whether I need a big popup that explains the page when a new user visits for the first time?

cheers,
    Paul.

tanyaau
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Tool is really cool help to find local websites. i love it. Can we add our website to this database.

JamesinaCube
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Did you build the website completely on your own? It’s really easy to use and clear, but Bert is right, the filters are not very clear and I wasn’t 100% sure how to find what I was after. The UI is great but the UX needs some work.

Maybe cut down on the number of filters and just start with some very focused ones that people seem to be using the most now?

Great website though – really like it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.