Home – New Forums Tech talk Reviews on apps for second mobile phone numbers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sparkling
    Participant
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

As I got really good info on my web page question I will try again:) I would like to have a low cost option to have a second phone number for my business, meaning I would like to have a mobile phone number through an App (Android Phone) to be able to separate private and business calls. I am not keen on buying a new phone which allows for Dual SIM.
    I have a little look around and there seems to be a bit of talk about Google Voice, but this service is not available in Australia. I have read that Hushed appears to be available.

Has anyone has any first-hand review on Apps for second Phone numbers?

Thank you!

Sparkling.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I have a duel sim phone and it is the best. No need for a separate device or mucking around with apps so it is more convenient.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    Sparkling, post: 268997, member: 117280 wrote:
    Hi all,

As I got really good info on my web page question I will try again:) I would like to have a low cost option to have a second phone number for my business, meaning I would like to have a mobile phone number through an App (Android Phone) to be able to separate private and business calls. I am not keen on buying a new phone which allows for Dual SIM.
    I have a little look around and there seems to be a bit of talk about Google Voice, but this service is not available in Australia. I have read that Hushed appears to be available.

Has anyone has any first-hand review on Apps for second Phone numbers?

Thank you!

Sparkling.

These guys do the behind the scenes stuff that will achieve what you want;

https://www.twilio.com/

They don’t provide an app as such…they provide an API that developers can use to access the services they provide.

Just put “Twillio” into search in Play Store and you’ll find a few apps that use Twillio…not sure how good any of them are, I haven’t tried any.

Cheers

Sparkling
    Participant
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Greg,

thanks for the info!
    I will check it out :-)

Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

I know this is an old post but the latest iPhones, Pixels and some Samsungs now support eSIM so you can have a digital eSIM with say Telstea Mobile and a Boost prepaid mobile sim as your physical SIM and have 2 lines running on your iPhone.

Netvantage
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 269000, member: 28171 wrote:
    I have a duel sim phone and it is the best. No need for a separate device or mucking around with apps so it is more convenient.

Do you find the battery life bad on that? That is what I have heard that adding a second sim in reduces battery life a lot. I think mind can do it but I currently don’t. We went the 1300 number route.

Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

You’d think two devices on standby would reduce battery life but it doesn’t really. Screen on time is what reduces battery life throughout the day.

Depending on the chip dual standby SIM active phones normally ping the network at the same time. The old 4g SIM1 and 3G SIM2 weren’t as energy efficient and would operate independently which might be why you experienced poor battery life in the past. The new devices are much better at it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.