Home Forums Starting your journey Revolutionize the Accommodation Industry using Direct/Social Media Network Marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rechargelife
    • Total posts: 9

Hi all,

Our family is soon to partnership together and purchase a small accommodation business that has 10 cottages with a business owners’ house, it is based in the high country (Alpine mountain region) Victoria, Australia.

1. We are looking to direct market this accommodation business using social networking media such as Facebook Fan Page, etc. on its main website launch plan.
    2. As an entrepreneur, l plan to play my part in revolutionizing the small business Self-fully Contained Cottages in the accommodation industry by using social networking media to grow the already established business to the next level. To strengthen the current returning guests relationship as well as building new prospect guests by building a tribal community around the service and brand.
    3. l also plan to introduce a “Membership Based Model Packages” to the business accommodation industry which would consist of 6 membership packages: Free Membership, 1-Year Membership, 2-year Membership, 5-Year Membership, 10-Year Membership and Life-time Membership. Have you seen membership subscription base packages before done in the small accommodation industry?
    For instance: 1-year Membership subscription package includes 10 nights’ accommodation that can be taken in that 1-year plus other value packages like in-house massage, food hamper gifts, breakfast serve, waterless carwash service, winery tour, etc. for example. For the rest of the Membership Packages there will be a limited number to each one level due to balancing the occupancy rates.

4. l plan to do relaunch style direct marketing giving great quality content and information on:
    4.1 Why you need to recharge your life and the benefits for doing so will have on your relationships and community around you?
    4.2 Why you should consider traveling to rural areas or “countryside we call it” for a holiday, touring, daytrip, or vacation?
    4.3 When and what season you would consider your trips?
    4.4 Why you should highly consider a high country mountain vacation or touring?
    4.5 Benefits and the things to consider for you as a unique person to maximize and recharge you and your family to a greater level each trip.
    4.6 Why to consider the high county in Victoria Australia on your tour, holiday/leisure or vacation list?

5. l will use the power of social network videos, mindmapping, audio and visual image to engage this information. I’m considering using either FusionHQ or JVPress marketing membership management systems to launch and engage building the tribal community gigs offering them choices from free membership, which would include a part of online tribal membership and also offline tribal membership with rewards card. For those who are ready and desire for a greater experience in the tribal community gigs they may choose from the combined online and offline tribal subscription membership packages ranging from 1, 2,5,10 and lifetime memberships online and offline tribal community gigs accommodation. Each subscription package will have a limited number of subscribers, the greater number of years subscription will have a greater value in content both online and offline offer, which means a greater experience in their holiday, trip or vacation tribal community gig.
    Look forward to your feedback and your thoughts on this social network/internet marketing experiment; I’d also love to hear what you’d like to experience in a holiday trip or vacation base in your accommodation, what you’d require a peaceful and recharging countryside experience holiday or trips? As above mentioned, l have not seen this implemented exactly with my research in the industry. Moreso Australia would love to hear from, if this has been done in any country if you know of or heard of at all.

Regards Brian Baulch

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,465

Re: Revolutionize the Accommodation Industry using Direct/Social Media Network Market

Hi Brian,

Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into your planning. I’m not the best person to critique the idea for you, but I’m sure one or two of our social media experts will have some comments to share.

Hope the new venture turns out brilliantly for you and that you have fun every step of the way.

Thanks for joining Flying Solo too, by the way,
    Kind regards
    Jayne

rechargelife

Re: Revolutionize the Accommodation Industry using Direct/Social Media Network Market

Hi Jayne

Thank you for the encouragement, understand not every one can give a fair comment to this, but lam open to here what any one would like to see changed in the small business accommodation industry to be better served and have a greater experience on there holiday or trip.

Will be going over with my fincial adviser on this business plan and marketing plan in the next 2 weeks also with accountant, solicitor and prospect investors.

Looking forward for more comments and feedback from the flyingsolo community.

Regards Brian

Warren Cottis
    • Total posts: 807

Hi Brian

This is an interesting concept and the things that I see to be obstacles are the spontaneity and need for change displayed by human beings.

The one year package will clearly have legs but I imagine that you will still have to allow package holders to send family or friends sometimes during the year to use up the alloted 10 nights? What do you think?

Five and Ten year packages are long time periods for one resort and this has usually been overcome by creating a network of resorts where you can swap entitlement nights. Will you head down that path as well?

I hear you when you say that the ‘tribal’ factor might get you over the line but people can change a lot in just five years.

Please don’t take any of this as being negative… just healthy discussion

rechargelife

Hi Warren,

Thank you first for sharing your views highly appreciate them and that’s what l am requesting from a community. After all, the community are the ones who will drive this business model idea into the marketplace and how it will shape and be structured that will be effective not just in our resort but others hopefully all around the country.

Yes Warren great idea to get other resort owners in the general area to come on board and network these package plans to benefit all.

Yes allowing the guest to use the package with family and friends sounds like a great idea and will put that in part of the offers.

Will be working closely with other resort owners that they may see the benefits for them and their guests.

All the packages will be tested in the market place to see which ones people want more and what they want more from small resorts in general now and the future.

We will be also be offering in prelaunch of the packages a community invitation for approximately 20 guests to come and experience the packages for free for a few nights. We may also have competitions people can enter.

Look forward to more feedback from anyone who feels they can give input whatever they feel to say.

Best Regards, Brian

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625

Hi Brian,

Overall I think you will do well simply through the principle of “activity breeds opportunity”, and if you are putting in that much effort some of it sure to stick, provided your product then meets people’s expectations. For way too many tourism operators putting up a website would be a big step, so just by being active with your marketing you should have some success. There are however a few areas of your specific plans that I would have concerns with.

The tribal thing is also very valuable if you can get it right, although sometimes easier said than done, particularly if you try to do it too quickly, especially in your industry where the barriers to trial of your service are higher than for example a gourmet hamburger joint – what I mean by this is that most people will only become part of a “tribe” once they have either experienced the product/service and liked it, or perhaps in your case have booked and plan to experience it, provided of course they see value in the tribe. With your small size, limited number of people who can try the service at a time, barriers to trial etc it will take some time. Not saying it can’t be done and please don’t take this as a negative, but you do need to be realistic – you won’t get 1000 fans on facebook if you only entertain 500 different clients a year, remembering that generally no more than 10% of customers will become “tribal”. A good book to read on this is Seth Godin’s, although I suspect you already have read it.

The other point I wanted to make is that I think the idea of membership packages is great, but I can’t see people committing beyond a year, particularly at first. I would personally suggest different levels based on other than time, sort of a Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum thing, with different numbers of nights included and different extra inclusions. The reasons for this are multiple:
    – Your brand is new even if the actual accommodation isn’t. I can’t see asking people to commit to 10 years to something they haven’t even tried yet working.
    – People change a lot in 10 years as mentioned, and people are always looking for new experiences. People also expect they will change more than they do and like options; even if they come back year after year, they don’t like to fee trapped.
    – People will be worried that even if they don’t change, your service might. What guarantee is there (to a customer) that in say 8 years time you will offer the same level of service you do now, or that you will do any maintenance on the properly?
    – Payments – how would that work? I certainly can’t see myself or anyone else paying up front for 10 years worth of hotel accommodation. If I had enough spare cash for that, I’d rather buy a holiday home.
    – If you aren’t making people pay upfront, for it to be a 10 year thing there must be some level of commitment for future payments. Committing to 10 years of future credit card payments with no out would be pretty tough.
    – 10 days accommodation is a lot to commit to per year, especially at one location only. What others like a Accor’s card system give is one free night with the card, plus various other things like half price breakfasts and discounts on meals, and preferential prices on other accommodation – of which they have heaps of hotels. Getting people to commit this this is hard enough without someone committing to 10 days (at a cost of around $2000 up front I’m guessing).

Hope this is of some help, and good luck with your venture.

Matt

rechargelife

Hi Matt,

Wow thank you very much for the great feedback and ideas. It helps us a lot strategically to put it into action and see where we can take our vision within the small business accommodations.

I like your idea for sure about having packages branded as Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. My wife also suggested this idea last week. Having others independent suggestion of this is a great confirmation.

Sorry to keep it short for now but l will answer your other comments very soon when I have more time.

Regards Brian

rechargelife

Hi Matt,

No l have not read all of Seth Godins Tribal book but l’m reading a great informative book of similar nature called Waiting for your Cat to Bark finding it a high quality read amongst other l have read or watch on social tribal seduction marketing system.

l agree as a starting point from your view and the public view l have been able to capture so far on this medium amongst others a 10 year or 5 year package are properly not going to cut it unless there was a trend in the marketplace leaning that way. So for now l will not go down that road and see where the future market can lead us.

l think what’s important is to see a lead for a change and break the industry traditions just as we have seen in the last 15 years take shape in the phone industry and others. The old traditions can be changed over time if it benefits the consumer and creates real value through personal relationships. Something the phone industry and other sectors still lack but who knows with the Y generation taking shape giving vision and a future to the growing communication industry.

Anyways getting back to how l vision is to keep alliances and partnerships with other small accommodations within that region first. To grow the accommodation packages through tribal social network system that could have a viral effect both domestic and international travelers. In real terms it would create more opportunity, growth and greater value for the consumers in the modern marketplace.

l will share you updates on the way we’ll structure the packges soon. We’ll stay with one year membership packages for now and see in the future when room to be added for growth and value to the consumers. We highly appreciate your opinions!

Regards Brian

rechargelife

What would you like to see in a hamper package? that you have not seen before, such as foods, drinks, products and service gift vouchers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.