Home – New Forums Other discussions RIP Stephen Covey – how has he impacted you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    4N_Man
    • Total posts: 122
    Up
    ::

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Stephen Covey today. He is a person who approached business with the scarce traits (for people of his profile) of positivity and integrity.

What I really gained from Covey’s work was his suggestion we incorporate our business goals into all our personal goals rather than separating out business/family/personal/other goals. Prior to Covey business and personal were seen as almost mutually exclusive until he suggested we incorporate them. A lot of people re-assessed what they were doing e.g., did their work goals/culture match their personal beliefs and goals.

I have also found his Time Management Quadrant very useful over the years and in fact I was only using it yesterday in a planning session. It continues to be one of my key planning tools.

Stephen Covey was a dedicated family man and I was inspired how he continually encouraged business people to have healthy homes as well as healthy businesses. His legacy continues with his son who has written some great books for youth.

What contribution has Stephen Covey had in your life?

ABC
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

I just heard the news. I always found Covey’s work confronting – the truth is simple but yet so hard to live it daily. The book I liked most was First Things First – very pertinent at the time as I juggled a demanding full time job, with 2 small children.

Vale Stephen Covey,
    abcvic

bmd
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I was so shocked as well. i have read his books over and over and each time depending on where I am in my life/business he has helped.

The world is a better place because of his work

Matt

gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

There is this saying:

“Habit #9 : Leave this world better than it was when you got here – Mission accomplished” RIP Stephen R Covey (1932-2012)”

And I think he has done that exceptionally well.

Tammi Cantori Coaching
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

For me Habit 5 ” Seek first to undertand, then to be understood” is a standout. Imagine if we all lived our lives that way. As a coach there are so many gems from Covey that I use with my clients. A brilliant man who really made a difference.

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up

I regularly listen to “7 Habits” on audio book when I am driving in the car by myself. Very sad to hear of his passing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.