Home – New Forums Starting your journey RTO..Anyone start one before?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    WW2010
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    ::

RTO (Registered Training Organisation)

Hi Team has anyone tried to start a RTO before? A friend approached me to help her startup. She simply wants to offer basic courses like Occupational Health and Safety etc

ive been told Its quite a lengthy setup process and can be rather daunting if you do it by yourself.

Any clues?

Thanks!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you use the search function in the grey panel above and in the advanced search enter “registered training organisation” there are half a dozen threads on this subject…some of them have really good information.

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you use the search function in the grey panel above and in the advanced search enter “registered training organisation” there are half a dozen threads on this subject…some of them have really good information.

Wendy :)

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

is she doing anything different than what is already available? different from the point of view of the client and not her.

IF so, she can license it to existing RTOs like bill gates licensed DOS to IBM.

Why re-invent the wheel?

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

is she doing anything different than what is already available? different from the point of view of the client and not her.

Why re-invent the wheel?

WW2010
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 114770 wrote:

Why re-invent the wheel?

Hi K A

Shes is actually. She went on a rant about how its revolutionary and told me she would kill me in my sleep if i told anyone ha!

Good thing she doesnt know i a member here! Its a variation of what the Khan Academy does. Or more like a twist but pretty much the same

WW2010
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 114770 wrote:

Why re-invent the wheel?

Hi K A

Shes is actually. She went on a rant about how its revolutionary and told me she would kill me in my sleep if i told anyone ha!

Good thing she doesnt know i a member here! Its a variation of what the Khan Academy does. Or more like a twist but pretty much the same

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

In that case, she may be able to receive sponsorship from profit and non profit organisations that are aligned with her cause.

What will she do when she finally markets it and a competition finds out? Will it be worth the time and money to sue the copycat?

If i have learnt anything from the info age, it’s that ideas are a dime a dozen and most patents are collecting virtual dust.

Anyone could have copied Khan but he has this special touch that keeps separates him from the others.

I hope your friend also has the unique personality and approach that cannot be copied even if she had an identical twin. Has to be in her DNA,

All the best to her.

WW2010, post: 114774 wrote:
    Its a variation of what the Khan Academy does. Or more like a twist but pretty much the same
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

In that case, she may be able to receive sponsorship from profit and non profit organisations that are aligned with her cause.

What will she do when she finally markets it and a competition finds out? Will it be worth the time and money to sue the copycat?

If i have learnt anything from the info age, it’s that ideas are a dime a dozen and most patents are collecting virtual dust.

Anyone could have copied Khan but he has this special touch that keeps separates him from the others.

I hope your friend also has the unique personality and approach that cannot be copied even if she had an identical twin. Has to be in her DNA,

All the best to her.

WW2010, post: 114774 wrote:
    Its a variation of what the Khan Academy does. Or more like a twist but pretty much the same
    WW2010
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 114777 wrote:

I agree. Im an enormous fan and thats how she hooked me into it. Shes definitely not the type that stands out in any way. Her attention to the fundamentals is what will help her succeed. One need not be special like khan to have a respectable business.

Im very plain jane(in many cases below average) in the talent department and i think my current business moves well. Over the 3 year hump last Nov woohoo!

WW2010
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 114777 wrote:

I agree. Im an enormous fan and thats how she hooked me into it. Shes definitely not the type that stands out in any way. Her attention to the fundamentals is what will help her succeed. One need not be special like khan to have a respectable business.

Im very plain jane(in many cases below average) in the talent department and i think my current business moves well. Over the 3 year hump last Nov woohoo!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.