Home – New Forums Marketing mastery running a competition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

Hello

I would like to run a competition to win a double pas to the Illusionist show in Sydney
    here: sydneyoperahouse.com/the-illusionists/default.aspx

I have the database, the ability to email them (and the two tickets)
    but how do I pick a winner or do I do a facebook like thing and have a winner selected somehow

I have two databases; 1 for family and 1 for event planners

I could email them to go to facebook to like whatever and then………. (this part is what I am having trouble with)

any suggestions

The Infotainer
    Up

:(

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

You could make a spreadsheet, give every entry a number and then make a video of you using http://www.random.org/ to generate a random number and declare a winner.

The Infotainer
    Up

cool thank you

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

I’m not particularly knowledgeable on this but I’m quite sure each State has it’s own laws about competitions and lotteries. I think even for a simple and innocent competition like you’ve mentioned is subject to the laws.

Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 98913 wrote:
    cool thank you

Hi! I’m sure it’s too late for the competition you asked about, but maybe for future reference…

I’M NO LAWYER…but when I spoke to one in the US about this, he said the key requirement is to remove any element of chance. If not, you’re considered a ‘lottery’ and then you need lottery permits, licenses, etc. For sure the rules in Oz (& as mentioned) between states, will be a bit different but I’d reckon the basic principle would be the same.

You could look at a SocialShout! leaderboard. We’re in beta right now but if you wanted to try it out, I’d be happy to do it for you.

Basic idea is users get points based on how active & connected they are on the social networks. When they join your board, you can see the most active & connected ‘fans’ based on their points AND when they join your board, we post a SHOUT! to all their connected networks so you get word of mouth across their social graph.

In your case, you could give your prize the leader of your board.

Here’s a video to explain … http://bit.ly/oBfsUP

If interested, drop a note to info@socialshout.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.