Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Running a one day seminar on PR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi all

We are thinking about running a one day seminar on how to run your own PR campaign but it will be the first time (eek!) that we have done something like this. All a bit nervewracking! Has anyone got any hints or suggestions for what we should look out for?

We are hoping to keep our costs low at this stage but would love to get 150 people there. We are intending on doing one in Melbourne and one in Sydney and to make it different, we will invite journalists along for people to speak to/pitch ideas to.

What do you think and have you got any suggestions to make it really zing?!!

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    jules brooke, post: 198089 wrote:
    Hi all

We are thinking about running a one day seminar on how to run your own PR campaign but it will be the first time (eek!) that we have done something like this. All a bit nervewracking! Has anyone got any hints or suggestions for what we should look out for?

We are hoping to keep our costs low at this stage but would love to get 150 people there. We are intending on doing one in Melbourne and one in Sydney and to make it different, we will invite journalists along for people to speak to/pitch ideas to.

What do you think and have you got any suggestions to make it really zing?!!

Hi Jules

How about bringing along another guest speaker who has a similar audience, already established, who would be a good complement to you. They could help with getting the seats filled, and their customers would enjoy the information you share. e.g. If you were doing one in Perth, I’d be interested. I run a Digital Marketing Agency, and although I do write PR for customers, it is a minor part of the business. So many of my customers would likely attend.

You might want to connect with Web Designers, although I’m not sure you’ll get a lot of traction there. Possibly someone in sales could be a good connection?

Just a thought.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Jenny Spring, post: 198145 wrote:
    Hi Jules

How about bringing along another guest speaker who has a similar audience, already established, who would be a good complement to you. They could help with getting the seats filled, and their customers would enjoy the information you share. e.g. If you were doing one in Perth, I’d be interested. I run a Digital Marketing Agency, and although I do write PR for customers, it is a minor part of the business. So many of my customers would likely attend.

You might want to connect with Web Designers, although I’m not sure you’ll get a lot of traction there. Possibly someone in sales could be a good connection?

Just a thought.

Thanks. That’s a great idea! And if we make it to Perth one day I will let you know!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.