Home – New Forums Starting your journey Safety Standards – Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kittyc
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi there

I am in the process of researching a potential baby blanket business. We are still establishing whether the material will be imported from overseas or manufactured in Australia.

As we want to make sure everything is done properly we are looking into how Australian standards should be met so we can ensure we can obtain appropriate insurance cover etc. Can I ask if anyone has any experience with this – do you normally seek legal advice in this regard or is it simply a case of speaking to, e.g. Standards Australia?

Would appreciate thoughts/feedback.

Kind regards

Katie

Kim Hursky
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    kittyc, post: 128913 wrote:
    Hi there

I am in the process of researching a potential baby blanket business. We are still establishing whether the material will be imported from overseas or manufactured in Australia.

As we want to make sure everything is done properly we are looking into how Australian standards should be met so we can ensure we can obtain appropriate insurance cover etc. Can I ask if anyone has any experience with this – do you normally seek legal advice in this regard or is it simply a case of speaking to, e.g. Standards Australia?

Would appreciate thoughts/feedback.

Kind regards

Katie
    Hi Katie,
    I recently produced a range of children’s toys O/S, I spoke to standards Australia first to find out what tests I needed and then the production company did all the safety testing. I found insurance through a broker, as it is a children’s product not to many insurance companies were willing to take it on. I pay approx $70 a month to keep the products insured. When babies are involved it is a good idea to have everything covered before you start selling. I hope this helps.

Kim

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Katie,

You may also find some information at Product Safety Australia. You can select pretty much any product that is subject to certain standards. Hope it helps and am sure others will be along to share more specific experiences soon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.