Home – New Forums Starting your journey Salehoo: Is it a scam?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Megan_Heather
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am looking for wholesalers to purchase products for my store from, and as I have a very tight niche I am having a bit of a hard time. I have been contemplating joining Salehoo for some time now because, their very limited free search does show some possibilities for me. The problem is when you google Salehoo you see a lot of scam information coming up. So has anyone used salehoo? Is it worth the membership? Are there wholesalers that are willing to ship to Australia?

Also I know this is a very long shot, but would anyone with a membership be willing to do a search for me? I can pay you a small amount of money to do this (through paypal) I just want to find out if it is worth the membership fee or not, as it seems that people have a hard time getting their money back if they want to leave the site within sixty days. If someone could possibly do a search for me and perhaps screen shot the results I would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance,

Megan

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Megan,

If you can add some details regarding the industry you’re in to this thread, you might find people are in a better position to offer alternative suggestions for you.

Also, please note that as per our guidelines, this forum is not the place for people to air grievances against any company, and any posts that do that will be edited or removed.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Jayne

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Salehoo is a legitimate website. I have not used their services, but many obviously do even though you need to pay to be a member.

They provide general information through forums and offer some guidance in buying.

The thing you need to be aware of is that many of these websites (places like salehoo, Alibaba, Global Sources etc) are the same.

They offer “verified” buyer lists which gives the impression they have made checks to ensure you will be safe when buying from a particular supplier. They do some checks, but in some cases those are very limited and when the &^%# hits the fan, you will get the “we take all care, but no responsibility …..” response.

So, you can use these places as a reference, but you should do some independent research to satisfy yourself that any supplier you may use is legitimate.

The reason many people probably allude to salehoo as being a scam, is much like with Alibaba, these sites are not the supplier, they are just the tool that puts the suppliers all in one place. People often say, “I bought this form Alibaba”, but in reality they bought it from a supplier that is listed on Alibaba. They are two different things and any problems you have will be with the supplier not the website that has listed them.

Persoanlly, I am always reluctant to pay just for the privilege of joining a website when I know I can find what I need elsewhere for free, but that maybe just me.

simonw
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

I have been a member for two years, it is definitely not a scam. The main reason they have such a bad rep is because ignorant people sign up hoping they can find a supplier for iphones and LV Handbags. The fact is, home sellers just can’t get their hands on these products, it is not Salehoo’s fault.

To be honest, I don’t use the directory too often, however there are some other benifits.

They have a great forum. It is very diferet to FS in that there is not a whole lot of input from the community, (just a few people a day asking is anyone knows an iphone dropshipper) but there are 3 or 4 staff who will answer any forum question with a whole lot of valuable information. I have even had PM’s from staff recommendig suppliers and resources they know of that are not on the Salehoo database.

They also have a really good research tool which I always use when I am considering selling a new product on ebay, it is one of the best ways I have found to predict how a product will sell.

I have sent you a PM and I am happy to have a search and see if there are any suppliers for you.

Simon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.