Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Sales Help?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jellie
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

Would love some help if I could please, I’m at a loss as to what to do, I am getting no sales on my website and have no idea why, I’ve sent out flyers, have a a FB and Twitter page but nothing, it’s heartbreaking as this is my dream and my baby :(

Any help would be very very much apprecaited.

Have a great day

Janelle

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

are people going to the site?
    personally I think if your selling product you should make your site about the product.
    You need big pictures people want to see what they are buying.

The white space on the left and right sides of the page are wasted space, the entire right column of your site is useless too. Some of the items in your left menu are a waste as well. Get rid of the clutter.

Steve

tkc2012
    • Total posts: 64
    Up
    Jellie, post: 126709 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Would love some help if I could please, I’m at a loss as to what to do, I am getting no sales on my website and have no idea why, I’ve sent out flyers, have a a FB and Twitter page but nothing, it’s heartbreaking as this is my dream and my baby :(

Any help would be very very much apprecaited.

Have a great day

Janelle

Hi Janelle – I’m sorry to hear things haven’t got off to a good start but do be patient. Something stuck out at me as I read your post and that’s that you’re unsure why you’re not getting sales as you have done XYZ. Maybe XYZ aren’t suitable or effective ways to reach out to your target market?

I spent several hundred dollars on a postcard campaign myself, delivered 500 cards, and got 1 call. I’ve used postcards at other times with great success. It was the message I found to be at fault. It wasn’t compelling.

Thus, when it comes to promotion, it’s a good idea to experiment with all sorts of methods, tweak the message, and see what works. But before you do that, you need to work on your product. My initial observation with your site is that it is very busy (like a bee!). I think you ought to take a less is more approach and perhaps try to capture people’s attention with the middle blurb bit, as if you get them with that, they’re more likely to look around.

As for social media, network, network, network. Like other pages. Interact with the other likers. Make a name for yourself.

Hope that’s of some help.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Janelle,

If you haven’t already done so (and are brave enough) – start a thread in the reviews section of the forum. You’ll find a lot of website gurus around here who will offer their advice to help ensure your website is the best it can be for your business… you need to be able to take the critism along with the good advice though…

How does your website rank in search engines? If/what efforts have you made into optimising your site? It took me a while initially but with a lot of reading and asking questions I have been able to get my site ranking pretty well on a few key terms for my business, so, if you haven’t yet spent much time on this side… this could really help improve the traffic to your site. (Although, I am not certain from your post if you are getting traffic but not sales, or not getting the traffic to begin with? – If you are getting traffic but no sales, I would really encourage you to use the review forum to get as much advice on your website to ensure it’s engaging as possible). If traffic is an issue (and others might not like me saying this) consider Google pay per click campaigns and the like… I run these every now and then when budget/time/energy allows and I must say the results are immediate and impressive. Google these days also have a ‘welcome’ team that will help you set up the most effective ads for your business & budget.

All the best :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I think your website is all wrong.

You have a niche product, but you’re trying to sell it like target sells clothes or ikea sells furniture. That’s not going to work. You need to appeal to the emotional side of the visitor. Your site needs to be scrapped entirely and you need a new direction. My advice would be to only sell 12 products max. Less is better. They can be a different dozen per month sure, but no more than 12 products. Those products need to be sold as if they’re the last of their kind, the most exclusive you can buy. Only for the most discerning of taste! It’s find food in bees wax form. You need large delicious photos, copy that makes my mouth water, and a price tag that makes me think ‘exclusivity’.

This is just my 2 cents and others may disagree, but I reckon it’s a more focused direction to take. Best of luck to you – Phil

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 126743 wrote:
    I think your website is all wrong.

You have a niche product, but you’re trying to sell it like target sells clothes or ikea sells furniture. That’s not going to work. You need to appeal to the emotional side of the visitor. Your site needs to be scrapped entirely and you need a new direction. My advice would be to only sell 12 products max. Less is better. They can be a different dozen per month sure, but no more than 12 products. Those products need to be sold as if they’re the last of their kind, the most exclusive you can buy. Only for the most discerning of taste! It’s find food in bees wax form. You need large delicious photos, copy that makes my mouth water, and a price tag that makes me think ‘exclusivity’.

This is just my 2 cents and others may disagree, but I reckon it’s a more focused direction to take. Best of luck to you – PhilWhat he said…

Your product is ‘different’ and your current site doesn’t do it justice. BIG images, sharp to the point blubs, awesome looking and easy to use site is what is needed.

To answer your question about getting sales – it’s impossible to answer unless you know more about your traffic. Do you have Google Analtyics setup?

Blp_Sales
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Hi,

Firstly, good luck with the website, I hope it goes well for you!

Agree with Matthew, Google Analytics is crucial. If you are driving traffic to your website, where are they falling off? If not, how do you get traffic there?

There are plenty of cost effective strategies to do that, but I would start local. Setting up at local markets etc, and letting people know you are around, and talking to them. Make them aware you exist.

I would also talk to local school’s, kindergartens etc, and see if you can place flyers there, as well as donate products to their trivia nights, fundraisers etc for some more free publicity.

These are two almost free ideas, to create awareness in your local area, and then use your site as a vehicle for people to purchase.

Ben

PicNet
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I agree with the others, you need some help with the design, perhaps engage someone to take professional photos and help you develop a proper brand.

From a content perspective, honey has so much potential. Rather than the site just being filled with products, try to capitalise on all the things you can do with Honey. Perhaps have honey recipes, stories about medicinal uses of honey, the history of how people first discovered honey etc. Think about your company as more than just a shop, but rather an entry point into the world of honey! Building content is good for search engines, brings traffic and builds your brand into something unique.

Good luck.

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Just adding to the chorus…your landing page is way too busy, it’s overwhelming.
    You can’t be all things to all people, so don’t try to be. Find your niche and market to it.

For me, a simple landing page with large pics and a strong statement about what a wonderous natural produce honey is, then put the products on another page.

I think just one “products” tab and then subcategories would be better than all those tabs at the top.

And put the stuff about you growing up around honey on an about page. You site needs to be for your customers, not you.

You need to answer the “what’s in it for me”? So focus on benefits, not features.

It also wouldn’t hurt to check your grammar and spelling (I found “exiting” instead of “exciting” on your landing page.

One of my clients is a web design company and I write their blog posts…have a look here http://directsitesonline.com/wordpress/category/web-site-design-australia-sydney-melbourne-brisbane/ for all the ones about website design :)

Cheers and good luck. You have a great idea, you just need help getting it to the right market :) (speaking of which, if you are not doing every market you can squeeze in, you need to be, at least to get the brand out there)

Nicole

Edited to add that you speak about a FB page and Twitter profiles, but I see no link to them on your site. It is a very easy thing to integrate them into your site, and it really should be done

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

There is a great, easy to read book (almost comic like) called Don’t Make Me Think. Go to the library and borrow it. Read it and put a whole bunch of his ideas into play – they won’t cost you anything.

Then see how you go,

Shane Walker
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Hi Jellie! It’s Shane Walker here.

The first thing you need to do when looking at why your website is not converting is looking at your traffic. Ask yourself if you are getting traffic to the website. If you are, you have to look at where the traffic is coming from. Then, ask yourself again if this traffic is coming from buying phrases or from people in the research mode.

Only then you can start to have a look at what sort of people are coming to your website. If you find the people coming to your website are coming in from buying phrases etc…, then you have to start looking at your conversion methods that is on the page itself. So you can’t necessarily say it is the website. It could be the people that you are attracting towards the website. They would be the first things that I would look at.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jellie
    Up

Just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who replied, sorry I haven’t been back on and read your replies, will do today but wanted to say thank you anyway :)

Jellie
    Up

Hi Again

Have just read all the great replies, thank you all so much again :), just one thing i wanted to ask, alot are saying go with one thing or a smaller number of products or a niche, I’m unsure how that would work as my business is all things honey

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.