Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Sales Projections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kryptoph
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I have been operating my business as a hobby for the last couple of years, now Im doing it very seriously.
    Im currently doing a business plan, and Im struggling with how to do sales projections. Can anyone tell me where I can get some advice, hopefully online, please?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi kryptoph,

Welcome to the gang.

I’m sure there’ll be some people around here who can help you out. If you’re able to share some more information about your business and how sales are going to date, that would probably make it easier for them to advise you.

All the best,
    Jayne

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    kryptoph, post: 71117 wrote:
    I have been operating my business as a hobby for the last couple of years, now Im doing it very seriously.
    Im currently doing a business plan, and Im struggling with how to do sales projections. Can anyone tell me where I can get some advice, hopefully online, please?

Hi,

There is no magic formula. I work on seven years of data yet for Feb this year my sales were 25% over budget (yeh!) then for March they were 15% under budget (Boohhh!). So all you can do is make your best estimate on what you think you can do. Work out best case, probable and worst case figures. Then use a figure somewhere between probable and worst case to base your costings on. In the excitement of a new business people tend to be optimistic so be deliberately pessimistic in your costings to compensate for this.

At least you have 2 years of figures to start with. So use these and then add what you think you can acheive with a full time effort best/prob/worst.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.