Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Sales tips for a small business owner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Digivent
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello, I’m a small business owner (CCTV/Home Security industry) I’m doing well with my website and leads, but only have okay conversion rates over the phone or in person which I’m looking to improve on.

Basically I’m looking to go from “okay” to “fantastic” in my sales/conversion rates. I’ve done some basic research looking for courses or places with a lot of tips etc, but haven’t been very successful.

I’m looking for something thats orientated at small business owners rather then cold callers etc. A database of tips or sales hacks would be amazing, something that has a focus on the small business owner/B2B and helping them improve their performance would be really great!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, this is a great place! :)

Recovery Russ
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi Digivent,

I learn best by listening rather than reading so I listen to alot of podcasts. (Too many my partner would say)

Two in particular that I’ve found really useful that you might find useful too are;

1 – [URL=”http://http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/”%5DSmall Business Big Marketing[/URL]

2 – [URL=”http://http://www.advancedsellingpodcast.com/”%5DAdvanced Selling Podcast[/URL]

Also welcome to the site, I’ve found that most people here respond better to questions if you introduce yourself and put your name in your signature etc.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Digivent, post: 182073 wrote:
    Hello, I’m a small business owner (CCTV/Home Security industry) I’m doing well with my website and leads, but only have okay conversion rates over the phone or in person which I’m looking to improve on.

Basically I’m looking to go from “okay” to “fantastic” in my sales/conversion rates. I’ve done some basic research looking for courses or places with a lot of tips etc, but haven’t been very successful.

I’m looking for something thats orientated at small business owners rather then cold callers etc. A database of tips or sales hacks would be amazing, something that has a focus on the small business owner/B2B and helping them improve their performance would be really great!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, this is a great place! :)

Where are you falling down?

What goes wrong and where?

Do you spend 90% of the time listening? If so, what questions are you using to guide the call to where it needs to go, without talking too much?

Jenny

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there Digivent,

Welcome to Flying Solo – there are a couple of great suggestions and questions there to get you thinking, and I’m sure you’ll receive a few more too.

As Russ mentioned, we’re a friendly lot around here, and we find people become most inclined to help after they feel they’ve gotten to know you a little, so please feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself and your business.

All the best,
    Jayne

NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up

Welcome to the forums!

Try the site Mixergy.

There are a ton of tips for closing/selling and all things small business & startup related. All these tips come from top entrepreneurs and leaders in their fields, I highly recommend it!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Digi

Brave post, and one i would personally like to say well done for identifying a ‘gap’ in your skill set or where the business may need to improve…

Although i do not have a tonne of assistance in this that i could type or direct you to, i would like to suggest that one of the most important tools/techniques when you are on the phone or in person is to “listen to the client’.. the old saying goes, we have 2 ears and one mouth, so use your ears more than your mouth as you have double…

Lots of sales people have their own agenda, this is ok if you want to be pushy although it will not help you win long term loyal clients.. and in your industry i am sure that is pretty important…

Anyways, enjoying the thread.. have a blast and well done once again..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Digivent,

One of the techniques that big business does it to “record calls for quality and training purposes”.

Listening back on your sales calls can give you great insight into improving your sales techniques. The easist way to make a sale is to sell the customer what they want. Its embarrasing sometimes how much we dont listen to others in a conversation. I believe in sales the key is to listen carefully to the customer and ensure your product meets their needs.

Steve

Bec CB
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

Hi Digivent, and welcome,

I find Franes Pratt’s KISS to Sell articles very useful: kisstosell.com.au

Good luck, and do let us know what works for you, so that we can learnt from your success.

Cheers,

Bec

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.