Home – New Forums Other discussions Sam the Ideas Man – Awesome!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up
    ::

Today we had the monthly Canberra FS meetup, and it turned out to be just Sam and myself.

We got to talking and Sam was brainstorming new products and niches for me. I idly mentioned that I’d thought of creating a particular info product – and he was off! 45 minutes of Brainstorming, ideas, strategies, content, marketing, all pouring out almost as fast as I could write.

At this point it’s looking like a brilliant idea, and is so much bigger and better than what I had thought of originally. It’s huge, if it works, and it should.

So an enormous THANK YOU to Sam (Sam Howley, not Sam Leader) for his ideas and generosity in sharing them.

And for the rest of the Canberra people, you need to come along next month – 2nd Thursday of the month, 2.00pm at Babar’s in Woden.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Good luck with your idea!

Sounds interesting.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey there Melinda

Ooh, I’ve got goose bumps I’m so excited for you!

And Sam … WOW… what an awesome testimonial for you.

Can’t wait to hear more about the big idea folks.

Love your work!
    Jayne

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Gee, Melissa, you flatter me so! I really don’t deserve such high… hang on…

Melinda B, post: 49517 wrote:
    So an enormous THANK YOU to Sam (Sam Howley, not Sam Leader) for his ideas and generosity in sharing them.

Oh.

Joke! I knew it wasn’t me when it said ‘Sam the man’ as I am not a man, although every year at least one person comes up to me at the LIVE event and says “I had no idea you were a woman!”

Is the picture of me on the site THAT BAD?!

Only kidding, again. Sorry to hijack the thread and YAY to my namesake for being so inspiring.

(the other) Sam

Melinda B
    Up
    sam_leader, post: 49577 wrote:
    Gee, Melissa,
    Ah, that would be Melinda….. LOL! I think I get called Melissa or Melanie a couple of times every week. :D

Quote:
    I knew it wasn’t me when it said ‘Sam the man’ as I am not a man, although every year at least one person comes up to me at the LIVE event and says “I had no idea you were a woman!”

Is the picture of me on the site THAT BAD?!
    Really? That’s funny, well, kind of amusing. I don’t think you look male in the photo.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Oh my.

Getting someone’s name wrong is an awful crime, and I am guilty as charge. A thousand apologies, Melinda. That’ll teach me to a) multitask late at night and b)try and be witty!

But to return to the original point, I, too, am very pleased Sam the Ideas MAN was such a source of inspiration.

Sam

Melinda B
    Up
    sam_leader, post: 49604 wrote:
    Getting someone’s name wrong is an awful crime, and I am guilty as charge. A thousand apologies, Melinda. That’ll teach me to a) multitask late at night and b)try and be witty!
    It happens to me so often that I’ll often answer to whatever it is! One of the reasons I usually introduce myself as ‘Mel’

And yes, Sam is fantastic!

Dave Bockett
    • Total posts: 97
    Up
    Melinda B, post: 49517 wrote:
    Today we had the monthly Canberra FS meetup, and it turned out to be just Sam and myself.

We got to talking and Sam was brainstorming new products and niches for me. I idly mentioned that I’d thought of creating a particular info product – and he was off! 45 minutes of Brainstorming, ideas, strategies, content, marketing, all pouring out almost as fast as I could write.

At this point it’s looking like a brilliant idea, and is so much bigger and better than what I had thought of originally. It’s huge, if it works, and it should.

And for the rest of the Canberra people, you need to come along next month – 2nd Thursday of the month, 2.00pm at Babar’s in Woden.

I’m sorry I missed it. Sounds like you had a great session with Sam.

I’ve seen him in action plenty of times now and I have to agree that he certainly is THE MAN when it comes to ideas!

Dave.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.