Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Samruai Office Services – Website up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    6572#deleted
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I haven’t been on the boards for a while as I have been busy building. It was s DIY job which I am pretty proud of.

I would welcome any feedback from the esteemed community (especially on SEO). How long does it take to get on Google? PS. Can someone also explain trackbacks? SHould I be adding my site of something in these fields?

Many Thanks

Fiona

MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi Fiona,

I think you have done an exceptional job with putting this site together yourself – well done!

I’m not qualified to answer on the SEO side of things (it’s something I struggle with as well!), but from a design and layout point of view, I have the following feedback (FYI – I’m viewing the site in Firefox):

1. The links on the ‘Documents’ page aren’t working
    2. All of the photos, with the exception of the graphic on the ‘contact’ page, look a little stretched/blurry
    3. Have you considered adding an ‘opt-in’ mailing list subscription box? It’s a fantastic way of getting a list of potential clients to market to (via an eNewsletter etc)

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. You’ve done a great job :-)

Regards,
    Melissa Williscroft
    MJS Virtual Business Support
    http://www.mjsvirtual.com.au

6572#deleted
    Up

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. I’ll look into those points now.

Cheers

Fiona

IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

Hi Fiona

This looks like a nice simple website.

One of my pet hates with websites is arriving and not working out what the point of the website is. With your website it becomes instantly clear from the home page what service you are offering and I can then decide if I should bother to look further or not.

A few points
    – Id change the email address you have listed slightly otherwise you will find yourself the unwilling recipient of a vast amount of spam! Just try writing it differently that a human can work out but a robot cannot ! like fiona at sosva dot com dot au (although you never know… bots could have figured it out by now lol)

– Love that the rates are listed… I hate websites that dont tell me a price!

– The bottom sentence in your logo/header appears somewhat blurry..which made me miss it the first time… maybe you can work on increasing the resolution of the image?

Good luck !

6572#deleted
    Up

Re: Samurai Office Services – Website up

Thank you for your feedback. I have tried to encode the email address in the HTML so that it isn’t able to be picked up, but for some reason it sticks on some pages but reverts to text on others. Go figure?!

I have a greater resolution pic for the header, just have to get it on.

I appreciate your time and comments. I tried to keep it as clear and concise as possible. A busy person needs answers fast, not to go searching for them….that’s my job.

Cheers

Fiona

lutrov
    Participant
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

Fiona,

I know I’m pitching in with my $0.02 a little late, but this is what I’ve noticed:

1. Why is your email address “[email protected]” instead of “[email protected]”? The latter is much more professional, and certainly less confusing.

2. Lose that cheesy photo on the home page. I take it that’s obviously you, and I’m not referring to the way you look, just the “downward wide angle shot” which which was so popular last century. Use a “head and shoulders” shot instead, it’s a lot more appealing.

3. Your “Why a VA” page has a picture of one of your staff members but the email has your email address, which is confusing. Also, same comments about the photo as above.

Hang on … I’ve just looked at some other pages and you seem to have a bunch of women all working for you (or with you), yet the only name which gets mentioned is Fiona Rodgers.

See my point?

6572#deleted
    Up

Thankyou for your comments. I felt my full business name in the email was too long. Sosva is just the acronym.
    All of the photos are generic, none are me or anyone else I know. But I will look at modernizing the pics.

Thanks again

Fiona

lutrov
    Participant
    Up

Yep, real pictures are very important:

http://lutrov.com/blog/using-fake-images-shrinks-your-credibility

Remove those stock photos of fake people as soon as possible.

6572#deleted
    Up

I was toying with the idead of getting some professional yet relaxed shots done of me for the ‘About Me’ page. Thanks for the honest feedback. Why don’t more sites do it then?

I am following your comments on twitter.

Cheers

Fiona

lutrov
    Participant
    Up
    BusiMum, post: 38073 wrote:
    Why don’t more sites do it then?

Often, it’s because of bad advice. Or sometimes, people just think that they have to have photos on the website to “liven” it up, even though they’re not real.

But I reckon your potential customers will see through that nowadays, and they will judge your business on it.

Thanks for the follow on Twitter. If I can help in any other way, let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.