Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Sanity for solos in Bris-Vegas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicola D
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi Flying Solo community,

In 2010, I moved to Brisbane (from Sydney) and started working for myself (having been in corporate for years). In one fell swoop, I lost my entire social and work network. It wasn’t until about 18 months later that I realised that it nearly did me in.

I know myself well, so I can’t believe it took me so long to notice that I was spinning, launching my ideas into a vacuum that never responded. I love my cats, but when it comes to helping me with ideas and doing some brainstorming, well, they’d just rather be napping.

So never one to rest on my laurels for too long, I decided to give the credit card a workout and lease and fit out a beautiful, inspiring co-working space. I’m sitting in it as I write this, and anyone who knows me will tell you, it has changed my life.

If you’re Brisbane-based, why not come over for a visit? If you’re not in Brisbane but you’re finding it hard, reach out for a chat, or see what you can do to find a similar space in your town. If it doesn’t exist, why not create one?

Be well.
    Nicola

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Nicola

Welcome and great to hear all moving ahead…

Am i correct in thinking you are now operating a co-working space for others to also ‘rent’? or am i misreading this? If this is the case, go ahead and add your web address etc to your signature (grey bar at top of forum, click control panel, click left menu ‘edit sig’ and away you go..

We are all a friendly bunch, always open for a chat and love to learn more about people here… and a sticky beak of course :)

Look forward to seeing you around.

Jason

ps.. edited cos my spelling was terrible!

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Nicola D
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 183272 wrote:
    Hi Nicola

Welcome and great to hear all moving ahead…

Am i correct in thinking you are now operating a co-working space for others to also ‘rent’? or am i misreading this? If this is the case, go ahead and add your web address etc to your signature (grey bar at top of forum, click control panel, click left menu ‘edit sig’ and away you go..

We are all a friendly bunch, always open for a chat and love to learn more about people here… and a sticky beak of course :)

Look forward to seeing you around.

Jason

ps.. edited cos my spelling was terrible!

Yes, desks are for rent in our space – thanks heaps for tip, I’ll give it a try!

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Great to have you here Nicola and congratulations on your venture.

It may be interesting to hold a meetup in your space…you can announce in our meetups section and we’ll do what we can to get some folks along.

Sydney, is bumper to bumper with traffic now the schools are back, so enjoy the freedom up there!

Robert and the FS Crew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.