Home – New Forums Tech talk Sassu vs Xero vs MYOB – cloud based accounting software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    WW2010
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    ::

I agree. Wouldn’t surprise me if this book was a winner. The Dummies series is great and I have a few myself. My particular point is about the value of the book over time. Above and beyond a normal Dummies subject. To make a point, I can guarantee that changes have already been made to Xero, even though the book has just been released.

Fundamental changes no. But changes none the less and it is something people need be wary of when purchasing any book that details the inner workings of a cloud service.

My personal opinion is that Dummy books of this nature should be written using a service that adapts in the same capacity. That obviously excludes paperbacks etc and alludes to ebook readers

If a change happens then you could update in the same manner. The value of the book remains the same and does not depreciate.

I think iBooks offers this type of functionality.

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

I thought the book was coming out on 1 July ?

I am sure it will still help people who choose not to outsource their bookkeeping work who have no idea about finance/numbers.

People have got to start somewhere right.
    Cheers
    Stacey

Jamesie
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

I am looking right now at changing from MYOB to Xero.
    Anybody have any experience with how far back you can reconcile from a bank feed? My invoicing is up to date in MYOB but I have been naughty and not done any other accounting for a few months. If the bank feeds can go back 3 months and stay accurate then I plan to update my MYOB file to that date, send it off for conversion (Click2convert) and then update the rest on the date Xero starts from. Is this a good idea? Will it work or am I looking for a hard lesson learned?
    I am sure Xero will pay for itself many times over every month. I wont need a book keeper as often, there should be no more fines for late BAS lodgements and I can get rid of the pile of receipts clogging my front seat and my office by taking a photo of them and sending them to receipt bank. All for about $65.00 per month. Sold, as long as it works as advertised.

AngBrisbane
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

We were locked out of our MYOB AccountRight datafile for 2 hours the other morning. We have been using the online automatic confirmation without problems for the years that we’ve had this program. All of a sudden this didn’t work the other day. I phoned and complained to the MYOB officer, asking why I needed to manually verify my datafile when I had automatically confirmed that it is genuine several times online over the years that we’ve had it. How many times does this need to be done?

The officer spoke over me, reciting from my contract which apparently gives MYOB the right to force me to phone in for access to my own datafile and answer a few questions. He said he had sent me the file attachment, which you need to upload in order to get back into your file. This didn’t happen. I asked him why I hadn’t received his email when he hung up on me.

Eventually, after phoning again and speaking to someone else, I managed to get the attachment and access to my datafile.

MYOB also seems to be very unstable. Every day we get messages that AccountRight needs to close and we have to relogin. This happens every day and there seems to be no clear solution for this online.

I don’t like being forced to jump through hoops simply to gain access to my own datafile. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest an accounting software that doesn’t use automatic confirmation, or at least not as a continuing process as we are a small business and can’t afford downtime like this. Thanks.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    AngBrisbane, post: 241444, member: 88038 wrote:
    We were locked out of our MYOB AccountRight datafile for 2 hours the other morning. We have been using the online automatic confirmation without problems for the years that we’ve had this program. All of a sudden this didn’t work the other day. I phoned and complained to the MYOB officer, asking why I needed to manually verify my datafile when I had automatically confirmed that it is genuine several times online over the years that we’ve had it. How many times does this need to be done?

The officer spoke over me, reciting from my contract which apparently gives MYOB the right to force me to phone in for access to my own datafile and answer a few questions. He said he had sent me the file attachment, which you need to upload in order to get back into your file. This didn’t happen. I asked him why I hadn’t received his email when he hung up on me.

Eventually, after phoning again and speaking to someone else, I managed to get the attachment and access to my datafile.

MYOB also seems to be very unstable. Every day we get messages that AccountRight needs to close and we have to relogin. This happens every day and there seems to be no clear solution for this online.

I don’t like being forced to jump through hoops simply to gain access to my own datafile. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest an accounting software that doesn’t use automatic confirmation, or at least not as a continuing process as we are a small business and can’t afford downtime like this. Thanks.

Thanks for joining the Flying Solo Forums and contributing AngBrisbane!

Cheers

Kosta_Kondratenko
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    Healthy Personal Finances, post: 154656, member: 31002 wrote:
    Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendations about cloud based accounting software ?
    I have done my research and think that Xero is fabulous – but some of my potential small clients will think this is too expensive (as one has already said).

Another friend uses Sassu for her business – which I haven’t been exposed to.

MYOB – I think is great but I haven’t used Live Accounts which I assume is their product aimed to compete with Xero.

For our new business, we aim at marketing towards business from home – so not medium to large organisations.

Thanks
    Stacey

Hey Stacey,

I personally use Zoho Books. Works for me as a small business owner. It’s a bit cheaper too and has a ton of cool features even on the $9p/m option (such as time tracking etc.)

Peace.

If you have any questions just pM m.e

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.