Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Satisfaction Guaranteed?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smallows
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used “Satisfaction Guaranteed” this to sell their professional services to get a potential customer take the leap of faith? I am not saying money back guarantee, but rather you keep at it until you the customer is happy.

I would be interested to know if anyone has been successful with it and how have you used it?

Thanks in advance!

Steven

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    smallows, post: 245851, member: 90890 wrote:
    but rather you keep at it until you the customer is happy.

How long are you happy to keep at it to keep them happy, just remember some clients will use something like that to drain every last drop out of you.

I know people use it as a slogan, but to me personally, I ignore it, because it is meaningless, as I am to nice a client. But I can imagine some who will milk it.

yeah its the cynic in me.

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

It was my tagline when I promoted myself as a consultant in my uni days… got me places but I look back now and think ‘that is a terrible tie in my photo’ lol…

I just think – don’t promote something that is out of your control. Satisfaction is so subjective – as Bert said some will milk it for everything it is worth…

ILS_GUy
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

agree with both statements above. What you think is required to complete a job may be worlds apart from someone elses. The job may be completed to the point realistically required, but the client may want perfection, ie Mini & Merc.
    Don’t open yourself up to more that is really needed. Tie down in writing exactly what you are going to do, or the outcome that you will achieve so that it can be measured against should an argument develop.

smallows
    Up

So far I think everyone has confirmed what I thought, but had to make sure I was not being over cautious!

Cheers!

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Nothing wrong with using this type of pitch if your business model can support it as new clients always want peace of mind and a no catch exit shall you not deliver as was sold to them. Some unfortunately will push this too far requesting extended trial periods etc and are of a more free loader character. All part of doing business o_O

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

We have a fix it free guarantee and there have been a couple of very memorable times where we have lost money doing jobs for people but I feel that giving the customer piece of mind from an unknown-to-them service outweighs the few times it has cost $$$.

smallows
    Up

I think there is possibly a middle ground such as “Results Guaranteed”.

of course depending on the work, but under consumer law we do have certain obligations:

Services must:

• be provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage
    • be fit for the purpose or give the results that you and the business had agreed to
    • be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.

Good summary I found here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees#what-products-and-services-are-guaranteed-

Cheers

Steven

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.