- This topic is empty.
April 1, 2020 at 12:14 pm #1000102BashaMember
- Total posts: 1
Hi All I need your help with this case
I need to know what are the procedures to clear a shipment from the Sydney seaport and delivery to Launceston.
I plan to import 2 boxes (31 kg) razors blades from Egypt to Australia, the manufacture will handover the boxes in Sydney seaport( price not including customs clearance or any freight forwards expense and I have to take care of everything after that. I have some questions
- Do I need importing Licence or my ABN is sufficient?
- Do I need freight forwarder/ shipping agent in Australia to mention it as a Notify party or I can mention my company name with ABN as the Notify party
- What are the cheapest options to receive it in Launceston with the minimum costs?
- Can the seaport warehouses mail my shipment (these 2 boxes) to my address using the Australian post? Based on my discussion with Australian Border protection and Australian post they inform me that whenever the ship unloaded and my shipment got cleared it will post by to my address through the Australian Post but I am not sure whether the information is based on that the manufacture’s shipping agent allocates another freight forwarder/ shipping agent in Australia to do these activities or this is the procedure is the shipment is small.
Please note that the shipment cost is 670.2 USD including the freight charges delivery to Sydney seaport with the below details
Dimension (cm) Weight (kg)
54 L x 45 W x23 H 20.6 kg
45 L x 31Wx 39 H 8.70 kgApril 1, 2020 at 11:04 pm #1222967Paul – FS ConciergeModerator
- Total posts: 3,141
Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=117495]@Basha[/USER] .
It is great to have you!
Thank you for joining our community and posting.
CheersApril 2, 2020 at 10:45 pm #1222968Dash FreightParticipant
- Total posts: 92
Hi Basha, I am a freight broker – I solve problems like yours. My first advice is ; Your incoterms sound like DAT. On these terms you cannot know what the total cost of freight will be. It’s an easy job for the seller; not best for you.
If its not too late, get a price for FOB. or EXW. The reason is, with DAT you will be hit with terminal handling charges which you cannot control. I recommend you get a freight broker like myself, or a freight forwarder to manage this for you. We can give you an all inclusive quote for delivery to Launceston.
Re Notify party – yes, its advisable to have your local agent organised and put them on the Bill of Lading, but it is not essential.
I can also advise on any import restrictions . I would need to see your invoice and packing list. Message me if you need more help
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.