Home – New Forums Starting your journey Searching for a homeware supplier/wholesaler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TheIvory
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of starting my own e-commerce business, while I have basically everything checked off my only one thing that has made me hit that standing point is searching for the right supplier(s) and/or wholesaler.

I am venturing into the homeware business, my aim is to provide the high quality and a variety of homeware products at affordable prices. The style of my store is a mixture of chic, contemporary, modern, fun and interesting.

I am looking at selling basically everything you need in your home including candles (preferably soy candles, hand-made, Australian made etc ..) minor novelty items, a variety of diaries, chalk boards, wine racks etc ..

If anyone could help me, know someone or if you are someone I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi Thanks,

Not sure which state you are in, but there is a gift fair in Sydney and Melbourne shortly, although more aimed at gifts, they do have some homewares available as well, may be worth checking the website. There is most likely similiar type fairs for homewares, but no idea.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi TheIvory,

I can’t help you out, but wanted to drop in and welcome you to Flying Solo! Best of luck. :)

Dave

J21
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Hi TheIvory,

I am also having my homewares website soon (although mine is more of a coastal theme one), and is also looking for homeware suppliers/wholelsalers.

There are many suppliers out there, you can look at Reed Business Information for their giftware fairs conducted around Australia. I tend to research by going around the shops that I like, and see what products, and if lucky, get a product tag of their wholesalers, then research online.

Most of them are fairly easy to get online wholesale access, all you need is a ABN but unfortunately, many never followed up and you can never login. Or these suppliers’s so called ‘wholesale prices’ are so high that it’s very difficult to earn a proper margin esp in the ebay space, where they are importing by bulk.

I do a mix of local wholesalers and importing myself, although it can turn into an horrible nightmare, in one of my other posts out here (a result of a haste decision- classic which_I_don’t_know_why_I_did_that_moments)

Keep in touch, we can always share suppliers source, since we are targeting a different market altogether.

Missy666
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    TheIvory, post: 206946 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I am in the process of starting my own e-commerce business, while I have basically everything checked off my only one thing that has made me hit that standing point is searching for the right supplier(s) and/or wholesaler.

I am venturing into the homeware business, my aim is to provide the high quality and a variety of homeware products at affordable prices. The style of my store is a mixture of chic, contemporary, modern, fun and interesting.

I am looking at selling basically everything you need in your home including candles (preferably soy candles, hand-made, Australian made etc ..) minor novelty items, a variety of diaries, chalk boards, wine racks etc ..

If anyone could help me, know someone or if you are someone I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

hi there,

I am sorry this is a late reply. I am not sure if you are still looking for a supplier however if you are we produce giftware and some homewares which I think you will love. We have handmade frames,wine glass holders, candle stands, flower boxes and many more unique designs, You will not see these designs anywhere else! Let me know if you are still interested and i will send you my details.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    TheIvory, post: 206946 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Thanks

Just found this on Google, any feed back if this directory is worth signing up for? SaleHoo’s directory

Onlineaddict
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hey there… A friend of mine stocks Sage and Clare, they wholesale and retail beautiful boho and vintage homewares.

I think hey may also be selling their jute rugs wholesale as well.

Check them out at http://www.sageandclare.com and let me know what you think.

DoDo

Onlineaddict
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Please have a look at or contact Greenhouse Interiors… They represent about 10 artists and wholesale brands. All homewares and artworks.

Trust me, you will love them. Super professional.

http://www.greenhouseinteriors.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.