Home – New Forums Other discussions Security for Small Business premises

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,
    I’m in the stages where I am wanting to have a physical presence and am seriously thinking about leasing a building.

One question I do have though, is how do you secure your premises? Do you have a security system, or CCTV surveillance? Or both?

I’m thinking just CCTV surveillance will suffice for my use, but am not entirely sure.
    Also, how are these installed? Would I need someone to install it or could I?

Any input would be awesome! :)

Joel

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi Joel,

I’m not sure that you’ll get too many business owners advertising their security systems on a public forum, the best form of security is not being known!

I would suggest both an alarm system and CCTV would be what you want though. If the alarm isn’t a big enough deterrent than you’ll need to get them on camera when they break in.

Maclean

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    eWAY, post: 166290 wrote:
    Hi Joel,

I’m not sure that you’ll get too many business owners advertising their security systems on a public forum, the best form of security is not being known!

I would suggest both an alarm system and CCTV would be what you want though. If the alarm isn’t a big enough deterrent than you’ll need to get them on camera when they break in.

Maclean
    I didn’t even think about that! Haha.

I think I’ll go with both, just to be safe!

Joel

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

We have a back to base security system that I would recommend to all small business.
    Cost of insurance is reduced quite dramatically, and you also have the re assurance that your premises are being monitored once you set the alarm.

We used Intergral security management, a small company with a big reputation.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

We have a great security system,
    cameras capable of viewing through phone,
    back to base alarm system that has mobile failover,
    associate who lives nearby :)
    BIG windows and acrosss the road from a 24hour petrol station, when the alarm goes off all the lights come on inside.
    Security, physical and data is very serious business.

Steve

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

I have a lock on my door? That’s about it. But there is an external gate and outer doors etc. My barber downstairs has the CCTV camera thing Steve mentioned so he can watch his staff from his mobile whenever he likes.

Prevention is always better than trying to catch them once they have done it. Don’t keep anything valuable visible, no cash, lights off, blinds down, Big sign saying there is no cash kept on premises etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.