Home – New Forums Find the help you need Seeking accountant / bookkeeper for good times!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up
    ::

Howdy,

I run a small design business and have also been freelancing for some other businesses – my current book keeping and tax affairs are a mess to say the least and I’m hoping someone on here can help.

I’m new to the business world so I’m still learning about bookkeeping – and tax issues, I ideally need someone to first off setup my MYOB correctly and possibly run me through it, either online, on phone or in person.

Separate to that, I’m also looking for a good accountant that I can trust (I’ve been fooled and burnt in the past) that ideally has experience or other home-based design related businesses on the books.

Now it’s a bit cliche but I’m looking for trust able, reliable, talented and reasonably priced service – perhaps someone even interested in a bit of a contra set up, We’ll do your marketing, you do our tax kind of thing (just a thought).

I don’t mind dealing with someone virtually (they don’t have to be in the same suburb)… I just want a good one!

Throwing it over to you all now, if you have any questions let me know otherwise any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks everyone :)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

As always, my recommendations are:

Janna from FletcherTax http://fletchertaxaccountants.com.au/
    Anna from AKA Group http://www.akagroup.com.au/

Both are respected forum members, and both have helped me greatly.

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

I would speak to Janna. I refer any small business clients I have who need an accountant to her. As you would know referring people involves trusting those you recommend and I trust her immensely.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Hi Dan,

Here is the link to the article I write about hiring a bookkeeper:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/p315407684_Ten-questions-to-ask-when-hiring-a-bookkeeper.html

Have you looked at XERO, depending on the complexity of your business, it may be a lot simpler and quicker solution.

I love MYOB but I think XERO is worth having a lot at if you are straight forward business and you want to save time with data entry.

Good Luck

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Thank you fan club! Muchly appreciated. Cheques are in the mail! ;)

Dan I would be happy to be of assistance and get you back on track. Feel free to contact me via Skype or email through my website if I may be of help.

danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Thanks everyone :) I’ll check out all the websites and see how I go!

damian
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi,

Im an intermediate accountant working for a boutique chartered accountancy practice on st kilda road.

Please let me know if your still looking for an Accountant and I can provide further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Damian Reed

Selene
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Hi Dan,

Definitely have a look at Xero, otherwise MYOB is about to launch a new online product which looks to have quite good functionality and pretty too.

I am located in Sydney but always happy to help where I can, please feel free to drop me an email if you have any queries with regards to the bookkeeping side.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.