Home – New Forums Find the help you need Seeking business strategy mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MediaMuse
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

Desperately seeking business strategy mentor from the Gold Coast or Brisbane…

I’ve been accepted onto the Queensland Institute of Technology’s Creative Industry mentorship program and they will pair me up with a business strategist mentor, or someone in business who could act as a strategy mentor. It runs for 12 months and involves monthly coffee meetings.

The only problem is, they don’t have a mentor on their books to suit the remit.

Does anyone know someone who would like to mentor me?

QUT organisers on this program said if I found someone, they could assist in officiating the request. It is unpaid mentoring, however there is professional kudos in the program for mentors. They can expand on this!

I am Media Muse, a business communications and media consultancy.

Please suggest colleagues or contacts, or volunteer yourself. I can put you in contact with QUT Creative Industries department heads from there!

Thanks in advance, Marnie

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

I have a friend in that programme, she is making bikinis I recall & she has a fantastic mentor who she gushes about.

Good Luck.

Perhaps look around Brisbane/Gold Coast, and see who you would want, and then ask them to join the program?

Did you post your request on the recent Flying Solo mentor article??

Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Marnie
    I could possibly help. I used to work for QUT and am aware of the program you are talking about. I also have a corporate communications background.

Give me a call on 0404 063 513 and we can see if my experience fits closely enough.

cheers
    Lisa

MediaMuse
    Up

Heather – is your friend Leigh Mason?
    If so, we’ve met and she is so lovely.

MediaMuse
    Up

Hi Lisa – sorry its been so long since I’ve replied to your post…
    I actually forgot to subscribe to the thread, and in the meantime, John from the program has found me a mentor!
    I dont know who it is yet, but they are on the Gold Coast which will save me a monthly trip – I really appreciate your offer of chatting about your skills and your offer of assisance Lisa!

Perhaps we could link up on some other business level?

Marnie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.