Home Forums Tell me straight… Seeking ideas from cafe owners, pop up and market stall owners

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #999919
    cheewah
    Member
    • Total posts: 5

    Hello small business owners, mum and pop stores, pop up stall owners and market stall owners,

    Would you have a few minutes to participate in customer research with me?
    I’m keen to unravel the day-to-day challenges you face to run your business – from cafe owners, mum and pop stores, pop-up stalls and market stall owners.

    I’m a professional consultant who’s trying to create a start-up / side hustle. I started my work experience early, in a small retail shop and progressed from HR, advertising, banking and technology projects. With digital technology changing customer behaviour, the retail industry is forced to change and only a few large and small retailers survive. I’d like to understand YOUR challenges and how might technology help make runnng your small business simpler. If you’d like to share, can you reply?

    This is my first post here so please pardon me if this is not the right forum to seek help from.

    Regards

    Jenny

    #1221852
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

    Happy to help but you need to put up the link to your survey or, how do you want us to do this?

    #1221853
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    #1221854
    cheewah
    Member
    • Total posts: 5
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 267997, member: 28171 wrote:
    Happy to help but you need to put up the link to your survey or, how do you want us to do this?

    Hi Rowan, thanks! Here’s the survey link. https://s.surveyplanet.com/267TSS96

    Else, happy to chat offline.

    Jennifer

    #1221855
    cheewah
    Member
    • Total posts: 5
    bb1, post: 267998, member: 53375 wrote:
    https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/tips-for-new-players-to-the-forums.27235/#post172828

    Hi Bert, I’ll have a read – thanks for the referral.

    Regards

    Jennifer

    #1221856
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

    I found a few problems with your survey starting with the first questions, and then all the redundant questions if the next was not what you want.

    #1221857
    cheewah
    Member
    • Total posts: 5
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 268006, member: 28171 wrote:
    I found a few problems with your survey starting with the first questions, and then all the redundant questions if the next was not what you want.
    Thanks, I saw. As this is a free survey there’s no branching question allowed. I’ve added advice to close the window if there’s ABSOLUTELY no hard bits in your business. Thanks for dropping your feedback. As I note many in this forum enjoy their small business, perhaps this community isn’t the right forum?
    #1221858
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

    Sorry, this is absolutely the right place for your small business but I guess that I didn’t come across as I meant to. Your survey questions just need tweaking. As it stands it comes across as a sales pitch for the product/service/app that you are trying to sell, rather than trying to find real answers.

    Please don’t take comments personally, sometimes people here can be abrupt, but it is all in the spirit of helping, not to give false praise. Please tell us what you are actually trying to offer and many will take a look.

    #1221859
    JamesMillar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,676
    cheewah, post: 267996, member: 116512 wrote:
    Hello small business owners, mum and pop stores, pop up stall owners and market stall owners,

    Would you have a few minutes to participate in customer research with me?
    I’m keen to unravel the day-to-day challenges you face to run your business – from cafe owners, mum and pop stores, pop-up stalls and market stall owners.

    I’m a professional consultant who’s trying to create a start-up / side hustle. I started my work experience early, in a small retail shop and progressed from HR, advertising, banking and technology projects. With digital technology changing customer behaviour, the retail industry is forced to change and only a few large and small retailers survive. I’d like to understand YOUR challenges and how might technology help make runnng your small business simpler. If you’d like to share, can you reply?

    This is my first post here so please pardon me if this is not the right forum to seek help from.

    Regards

    Jenny

    Here is my feedback for what its worth to you

    1. If you are a “professional consultant” in this space then I’d recommend against using free tools that have short comings. If your pitch is using tech to solve problems then you need to use the very best tech yourself.

    2. For many reasons Cafe’s and Cafe owners are not a space I would recommend targeting. 90% should never have entered the space and generally regret doing so. In most cases unless you can (a) dramatically reduce their rent and (b) dramatically reduce their labour costs then nothing else will make their businesses produce a return to owners that covers the 70 hours per week they chip in. They are generally a dud model and I’m at a complete loss as to why so many insist on trying to make it work. We work with a business broker that regularly trades (sells) the same cafe’s every couple of years because there is a steady stream of people chasing the dream that ends as a nightmare. They sell for next to nothing because they make next to nothing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.