Home – New Forums Other discussions Seeking large international connections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

I’m looking for suggestions of large corporations that have branches here in Australia but their parent companies might be in the US or elsewhere, but they have representation in both the US and Australia. For example, both Citibank and HSBC have branches here in Australia but are banks that have their parent organisations elsewhere.

I’ve been offered the opportunity to speak in the US for an event end of next January and the organiser in the US wants to approach an organisation that might have branches or chapters, or whatever here that might assist with sponsorship for the event. So hoping that some of you might be able to come up with suggestions of companies she could approach at her end.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Obviously not really knowing the ‘industry’ that will suit the event best – General Motors springs to mind. If the event happens to be at all a ‘women in business’ style, GM also have a division focusing on increasing the presence of women in the automotive industry etc (see: http://www.gm.com/toolbar/dealers_suppliers.html#/Women%27s_Retail_Network)

If way off track – then please disregard!

All the best :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Austrade have those sorts of connections Kathie, and have offices set up throughout the US as incubators for start-up exporters. I’m sure they would be able to help you with some contacts.

Wendy :)

kathiemt
    Up

It’s an international business women’s group that is looking to start up a chapter here in Australia. In fact, I’ve encouraged the founder to come visit this forum to familiarise herself with Australian business, terminology, etc.

Both good thoughts re GM and Austrade (I should have thought of that!). More suggestions are welcome so look forward to what others might have.

Chris Brodie
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 129646 wrote:
    I’m looking for suggestions of large corporations that have branches here in Australia but their parent companies might be in the US or elsewhere, but they have representation in both the US and Australia. For example, both Citibank and HSBC have branches here in Australia but are banks that have their parent organisations elsewhere.

I’ve been offered the opportunity to speak in the US for an event end of next January and the organiser in the US wants to approach an organisation that might have branches or chapters, or whatever here that might assist with sponsorship for the event. So hoping that some of you might be able to come up with suggestions of companies she could approach at her end.

Hi Kathie

Some companies that immediately spring to mind are Ford, IBM, Soloman Smith Barney (stock brokers/financial services), McCain Foods, Jenny Craig Group (I’m sure they are US based) and Bain and Associates Consulting firm. Will let you know if I think of any others, most likely in the middle of the night!

Cheers,

kathiemt
    Up
    Chris Brodie, post: 129702 wrote:
    Hi Kathie

Some companies that immediately spring to mind are Ford, IBM, Soloman Smith Barney (stock brokers/financial services), McCain Foods, Jenny Craig Group (I’m sure they are US based) and Bain and Associates Consulting firm. Will let you know if I think of any others, most likely in the middle of the night!

Cheers,

Gee thanks for that Chris, I’ll pass that on.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

A less sizeable company and in a different industry is Expedia, operating in US and Asia..might be a lead.

Good luck

kathiemt
    Up

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. If anyone else thinks of any please do let me know. I’ve passed the above to my contact for her to follow up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.