Home – New Forums Money matters Seeking legal advice for website + EBOOK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DJLfitness
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hey guys, I hope I’m posting this in the right section.

About myself: Hi, my name Is Danny – I am a bodybuilder/physique enhancement coach.

My business/product: I will be selling an E-BOOK through my website which provides training, nutrition, supplement and recovery advice for hard gainers (individuals who are naturally skinny and have trouble gaining weight/building muscle).

My website will be built for the sole purpose of promoting and selling my E-BOOK (nothing else).

I’m after legal advice in regards to a book disclaimer, website terms and conditions, website disclaimer and privacy policy. Since I’m providing health, training, nutrition, and supplement advice, I imagine I would need a solid disclaimer in my E-BOOK, followed by a website disclaimer, website terms and conditions – all designed by a qualified business lawyer. From what I understand, these policies must all be included to protect me.

My question: Who should I seek regarding my requirements? Would any small business lawyer be able to help/ draw up specific disclaimers/ terms and conditions for my E-BOOK and website? Or, would I have to seek out individuals who specialize in E-COMMERICE/online businesses.

One more question – Will I need general liability insurance as an author selling an E-BOOK focused on training/nutrition advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated – thank you :).

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,385
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo @djlfitness It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

It’s a thoughtful post. I suggest talking to legal and insurance practitioners that frequently work in your space.

There are firms that sell templates such as https://legal123.com.au/ but I’m not sure if a generic will work for you.

I would also reach out to people already in the online space and see what tools they rely on.

Cheers
    Paul

DJLfitness
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hey Paul – thanks for reaching out.

Legal123 seems like the logical choice as it relates to my needs/requirements.

After looking through their website thoroughly, It looks like they also offer custom legal work at a higher price for clients who have specific needs which may be outside the scope of the general templates they offer.

I will give them a ring and ask if they can help me out :).

Thanks again :).

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,385
    Up

I’m sure their custom work will be at the regular hourly rate so I think it is important to really do a deep dive into your aims so you can both get what you need and limit the your expenses at the same time.
    Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.