Home – New Forums New here? Share your story seeking tips for new site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lily77
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

My name is Lily. My husband and I just start a website called Party Hire Guide which is a website to connect party hire business owners and customers. We have very tight budget for advertising our website. We even don’t know actually our business idea will work, so don’t want to spend too much on it.

We are a big fan of this community. We hope someone can provide some advice in terms of getting some traffic to our website in a more affordable way.

much appreciated.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    lily77, post: 239568, member: 86919 wrote:
    Hi there,

My name is Lily. My husband and I just start a website called Party Hire Guide which is a website to connect party hire business owners and customers. We have very tight budget for advertising our website. We even don’t know actually our business idea will work, so don’t want to spend too much on it.

We are a big fan of this community. We hope someone can provide some advice in terms of getting some traffic to our website in a more affordable way.

much appreciated.
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you Lily!

It is always hard to get traction for a new directory site because you have to beat established players such as the Yellow Pages.

A couple of things to do for a start – this is not an exhaustive list.

1. Create shareable content that people will search for eg, 10 ways to save money on your next party.
    2. Learn how to market that content – this will take much more time that 1. above
    3. I would change the URL structure on your inside (provider pages) to reflect their city. For example, at the moment, you have “http://www.partyhireguide.com.au/handy-hire/“. I would change that to “http://www.partyhireguide.com.au/party-hire-brisbane/handy-hire/
    4. You copy needs work to remove grammatical errors.

Good luck with the site.

Cheers

J.Zkan
    • Total posts: 87
    Up

Hi.

Website looks great.

Only problem I’ve noticed is the spelling. Example, you have in your latest post section, “Heathy party food ideas for kids” My guess is it’s meant to say “Healthy”

Also try to stay away from words like “Best” e.g “Best wedding venues” or “Best function rooms” Would use something like “Top wedding venues” etc etc

Website needs work, but overall, looks clean and simple.

lily77
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 239573, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you Lily!

It is always hard to get traction for a new directory site because you have to beat established players such as the Yellow Pages.

A couple of things to do for a start – this is not an exhaustive list.

1. Create shareable content that people will search for eg, 10 ways to save money on your next party.
    2. Learn how to market that content – this will take much more time that 1. above
    3. I would change the URL structure on your inside (provider pages) to reflect their city. For example, at the moment, you have “http://www.partyhireguide.com.au/handy-hire/“. I would change that to “http://www.partyhireguide.com.au/party-hire-brisbane/handy-hire/
    4. You copy needs work to remove grammatical errors.

Good luck with the site.

Cheers
    Thanks for the great tips, do you know any easy way to do link building or SEO in general for Australian websites?

lily77
    Up
    J.Zkan, post: 239577, member: 85132 wrote:
    Hi.

Website looks great.

Only problem I’ve noticed is the spelling. Example, you have in your latest post section, “Heathy party food ideas for kids” My guess is it’s meant to say “Healthy”

Also try to stay away from words like “Best” e.g “Best wedding venues” or “Best function rooms” Would use something like “Top wedding venues” etc etc

Website needs work, but overall, looks clean and simple.
    Thanks for picking that up. I was a bit rush :-(

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    lily77, post: 239610, member: 86919 wrote:
    Thanks for the great tips, do you know any easy way to do link building or SEO in general for Australian websites?
    I recommend seeking professional advice and we have several great providers here on Flying Solo. If you are going to do it yourself, then Brian Dean has a lot of good resources and always search for “local” SEO.
    Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

g’day Lily and welcome,

Pop your site link in your signature here. Look at what and how your suppliers promote their business. Invite/offer suppliers to be listed on the website. Maybe even sell advertising space on your site.

Suggest events that folks could have a party for..eg Christmas Party, 21st, School FormalsEngagement and US Election Party etc.

Network with potential suppliers, party planners and current suppliers, join the peak industy body for this niche, letterbox drops, noticeboards at local shopping centres, sponsor an event.

Cheers
    Corey

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Before you spend any money on getting people to your site, can I suggest you fix the grammar and wording on your site.

The biggest turn off for me is to see a badly worded website, I figure if they cant get that right, what hope have I got of getting any quality service from them.

Once someone looks at your site and gets turned off, it is unlikely they will come back, so fix your site first.

MichaelF
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

The front page is great. Clean, simple, gets straight to the point of what your website is about and provides easy navigation further down the page.

A couple of suggestions:

All of your social links lead to pages with little to no content. Get some content on them before you start inviting people to participate.

The ‘Blog’ and ‘About’ page show no clear way of getting back to the home page. Easy should be able to easily navigate throughout the whole site. This is key to keeping them from hitting that close button. As well, both pages only have text which can be a turn off to some.

Good luck!

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

HI Lily,
    If you are taking it as a business, here is some feedback.
    What problem do you solve?
    Are you focusing on customer side or vendor side?
    Why people need and want to register with you?
    Before you define your problem solved and with targeted niche market, it is much easier to just Google. Simply a list of vendors does not offer much value.

1. Hard navigation of website, my view is that sub menu like vendors, party ideas, etc will help navigate.
    2. register customer, better login in by facebook or google. Nobody likes to register gain.
    3. Register to get quote? nobody will do that. Better way is to provide value and then people might register.

Good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.