• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alpz
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,
    I recently joined and searched in the forum for an answer for this question but couldn’t find it. So briefly, I have developed a curry paste that is targeted towards a niche market. If it works well, then I could expand to other taste buds and market it more. I have more recipes but….

However, another out of the box idea came through and its selling this recipe to a similar product manufacturer. My concern is: How do i approach this? What sort of legal preparation do I need? Does anyone know any lawyers who can handle recipe/intellectual materials and what is the cost associated with? Appreciate any feedback.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Interesting question Alpz, and I’ll be intrigued to see what suggestions you receive.

In my experience (not in food, but in a different consumer goods industry), companies make their decisions to develop new products is usually made based on market trends, consumer research and so forth, with the recipe itself being a result of that, and designed to meet the price point the consumer will pay.

If you have something really special to offer, it may work in reverse though, in which case you will definitely be wanting some confidentiality agreements etc in place.

As I said, I’ll be interested to read others’ thoughts. In the meantime though, welcome to Flying Solo, and all the best with your business, whatever form it ends up taking. :)

Jayne

Alpz
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the feedback. Being a Food Tech myself, and previously involved with R&D with major companies, I understand what you said, and I did this project just like a company employee. I have even written a business plan, stating if this particular sort of product exist or not, what price point it can be sold, and the possible market share it can have.

I started this in 2011 and since then I didn’t have time, motivation, money resources, and am just losing hope that it will ever be available in market. Now, I am unemployed so am working on this again, but with a mortgage and tight budget and expenses is frustrating me.

I have 3 more SKU’s which I could take out, but the first one is giving me a hard time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.